turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for a Game Camera

Started by NCStrutter, May 19, 2011, 07:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCStrutter

I am soon going to get a game camera.  I'm not interested in high picture quality but still want some decent pictures.  Using it mostly for scouting.  I am currently interested in the Bushnell Trophy camera. Do ya'll have any feedback, R&D, opinions, or knowledge for this camera?

Thank in advance,

Jeff
"For it is in the Woods, Marshes, and Fields that Retrievers make thier own legends and become our Heroes"

drenalinld

The first Trophy Cam I bought took 100's of pics per day of nothing. I was getting some game pics as well. After a few weeks i took it back to the place I bought it and they did not have another one to replace it with. I was told to contact Bushnell customer service. Their customer service is a joke to say the least. After several conversations with Bushnell, I called the original place of purchase and told them I wanted a replacement or my money back. I was willing to try a similar brand. During the debacle with Bushnell, they had received a new shipment and replaced the camera. It has worked flawlessly for over 6 months now on the same $14 worth of lithium batteries I had put in the original camera that took 1000's of pics of nothing. With probably 10,000 + pics on the same set of batteries, it is still going strong.
The daylight pics are great. The night pics are not bad, but not great. Bushnell customer service is a joke. I knew this from previous experience with a range finder, but it was reaffirmed with the game camera. That being said, the extended battery life makes it worthwhile for me. I will buy one or two more before fall. Hope this helps.

NCStrutter

That does help me out. Thanks!  I heard when this camera first came out Bushnell had some issues but got them ironed out after all the complaints came pouring in. Something about a card or internal program?  Since, the camera "seems" to have decent reviews.  I like it for it's size and price comparable to the pictures you get from it.  I'd love to hear from others as well with thier experience with the Bushnell Trophy Camera.

Thanks,

Jeff
"For it is in the Woods, Marshes, and Fields that Retrievers make thier own legends and become our Heroes"

Houndstooth Game Calls

I have used alot of them and cuddeback hands down in my book I have one of the older more advanced ones and it hasnt missed a lick plus phenominal pics! I also picked up one of there capture ir's and I ran it sept til jan of the season in AL. on 2 sets of batterys on 60 sec intervals I didnt have one minutes worth a problem with them and as far as simplicity in operating my 65 yr old father could check it when I wasnt there and hes not computer savy on game cameras! The sensitivity is out standing you dont have to just put it on a bait site to catch pictures I have gotten pics of rabbits going down deer trails birds flying by it doesent miss nothing! I will say this I have used stealth, moultries and others they couldnt compare to cuddeback. Cant tell you anything about there customer service cause I havent had to call them and my first camera is 5 years old if it broke tommorow thats what I would put my money in today! Good Luck

drenalinld

I had to let you know my 8 month old Trophy Cam just quit working. I have to ship it to them at my expense with $10 check to cover return shipping. I am sure this won't happen in a timely manner as I have had bad previous experience with Bushnell customer service.

tra_cline

I saw the new Cuddeback attack ir on cheaper than dirt for 195.00 good buy for the camera