turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New 20

Started by lmbunch69, August 04, 2020, 09:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmbunch69

Just brought home a new 870 in 20 gauge. 26 inch barrel. Bought it as a dove/small game gun primarily but going to have to try a few turkey loads out of it. Any good chokes for tss 7s or lead 6s? I live in Indiana so 7.5 is the smallest shot I can shoot.

SumToy

I would try something in the 562 range in it. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

davisd9

I would go Carlson 575 or Trulock 585
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

N2TRKYS

I get great patterns with a RSF and IC 562 out of my 20ga with #7.5s. 
83% of all statistics are made up.

Greg Massey

562 or 565 .. Just like Williams said with Sumtoy ...

redleg06

Start with a Remington Super Full.  I've tried them all and this is one of those cases where the least expensive options can also be one of the best performers.

I've got 2 870's that I use for turkey and both of them love this choke. Also had good luck with the Primos Tightwad.

Lots of good options out there for ammo but I started patterning the Longbeard XR's (I bought the 6's) and they've looked really good on paper.