OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning BPS stud question  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Snoody Bastid

Browning BPS stud question
« on: September 05, 2020, 08:23:42 PM »
Hey guys, quick question. I just picked up a new old stock 1998 BPS Stalker 3" (minus the barrel) in the box. Has the manual, one choke but nothing else. There is a hole with what looks like a metal sleeve insert in the buttstock for a sling swivel stud. What swivel stud would I need? I would assume the stud just passes through the sleeve and screws into the synthetic stock. Also trying to decide whether to go with the 24" or 26" barrel. Thanks in advance.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Browning BPS stud question
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 09:31:44 AM »
Browning technical assistance would be your best bet. They have been helpful to me in the past. Congrats, good luck with your new find...
“Solo hunter”

Offline Snoody Bastid

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 11:06:26 AM »
Tombo,
 I already called them. The guy said there should be a stud in the box and basically hung up on me.
Thanks for reply.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 10:50:17 AM »
I don't know if you have got the issue resolved yet, but midwest gun works has exploded views of browning bps parts. You could probably look at it and get the part number for the sling stud and see what fits. I have no idea how to do a link but it's Midwestgunworks.com. Hope that can help.