turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scalarworks mount?

Started by Ridge Rooster, September 25, 2020, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

Looking at getting a Scalarworks mount for my Benelli Super Nova Steady grip. Will the mount made for Benelli's work with my factory screw pattern??

Thanks
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

rusty842

They worked on a SBE 2 and then moved it to a SBE3.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

rusty842

I might add that it is an awesome mount. People have said they take theirs off and still holds zero when put back on.
I did shim my stock up so my eye would align correctly with the RMR

Ridge Rooster

Went ahead and ordered one. I will get the Super Nova Steady Grip out of layaway if I ever get off work and give it a try. I like the looks of it!

Ridge Rooster

Ridge Rooster

Got the Scalarworks mount in today and I am impressed with the quality, although a little more expensive then I like, but it indeed will set low, which I prefer. The bad news is that it will not work with the Super Nova Steady Grip that I own. It appears that the rubber coating is a little to thick for the screws provided with the mount. It does look like it might work on  my M1 Super 90, so I may switch out my Sumtoy mount on my M1 to the Nova and put the Scalarworks on the Super 90.

Ridge Rooster

Ridge Rooster

Decided just to keep the Sumtoy mount on the M1 and modify some screws for the Scalarworks mount for the Super Nova. I shortened a couple 8-40 screws I had for a Benelli Picatinny mount and mounted the base this morning. It is solid and low and I really like it, hope they make it for other guns down the road. Do I think its worth $100, maybe, but I don't know that I would take a Sumtoy or Burris 336 base off to replace with a Scalarworks but if I were setting up a new gun I would consider it.

Now I just need to purchase a Holosun for the Nova.

Ridge Rooster

rusty842

Glad you got it to work. You won't be disappointed. I love mine.

Ridge Rooster

Was about to order a Holosun but looked at the Swampfox Liberty and decided to give it a try. It has the RMR footprint and should work on the Scalarworks mount. Figured I would let yall know that they will work with this mount also to give other options. The Swampfox has got some really good reviews on YouTube and is about $100 cheaper than the Holosun. RMR's are out of my price range but would like to try one someday.

Ridge Rooster