turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Striker question

Started by thuber, August 31, 2020, 03:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thuber

Does anyone in this group make weather proof strikers from aluminum arrows? I have a lot of aluminum arrows I'd like to repurpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mastevt

I havent.  But I do make ones from Carbon arrows.

Greg Massey

Guy who makes Tru Tone wet ones in pot calls , make aluminum shaft striker to play on his calls , he will play the call with water running over the call with aluminum piece of arrow shaft ..

BigSlam51

Matt McClain makes a striker using a easton fmj shaft.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Southerngobbler

a length of aluminum shaft with a homemade J B weld tip plays pretty good an a lot of surfaces for a water proof striker.

thuber

Quote from: Southerngobbler on August 31, 2020, 09:19:22 PM
a length of aluminum shaft with a homemade J B weld tip plays pretty good an a lot of surfaces for a water proof striker.
Do you know what folks use for a tip?

Southerngobbler

Greg Massey

Quote from: thuber on August 31, 2020, 09:40:52 PM
Quote from: Southerngobbler on August 31, 2020, 09:19:22 PM
Do you know what folks use for a tip?

The one that i have just uses the aluminum shaft , no other tips ...

JLH

I heard that JLH guy is working on one....????

Josh_Alloy_Calls

I have always wanted to explore that more.
Every time I see the pile of drops near an arrow saw, I want to make a few.
The times I have tried it I got varying results.   That was fairly early in my call making journey, so it is very possible I made some other mistake that affected the sound.

Maybe I will order a few dozen bare shafts and cut them up!!  LOL
Or I could just dig through my pile of old arrows that I have accidentally shot into the occasional shoulder. 

owego

I use them & will buy all the 2018,2016 or 2013 you have. That is the only size i am interested in.

thuber

Quote from: owego on September 02, 2020, 05:52:10 AM
I use them & will buy all the 2018,2016 or 2013 you have. That is the only size i am interested in.
I will check the ones that I have and let you know. I would like to have couple of strikers made. I have a couple dozen new arrows...

owego

I was the 1st one to come up with that striker in 1998 & 1st let it out at the Harrisburg show. Also the 1st to come up with a laminated striker , the same yr, at Harrisburg. http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/strikers/516-wet-one-striker/  CK them out.

thuber

Quote from: owego on September 04, 2020, 09:03:13 PM
I was the 1st one to come up with that striker in 1998 & 1st let it out at the Harrisburg show. Also the 1st to come up with a laminated striker , the same yr, at Harrisburg. http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/strikers/516-wet-one-striker/  CK them out.

muddpuppi

I make a two piece alum striker but use solid stock...havnt tried an arrow