OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mann wait  (Read 5671 times)

NeverRoosting

Re: Mann wait
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2020, 11:15:28 PM »
I’d save my money and hope I never get the phone call, unless you’ve got a goose hunt booked
I know a bunch of dead turkeys  that would disagree. May just be operator error

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I got a good laugh lol

But in all seriousness I’ve yet to meet someone in person that’s a fan of them, super inconsistent and just an odd pitch and tone, I’ve seen some internet profiles that like them just never met a real person that does.  You can kill a bird with a seashell and a peg, natural voice, Walmart call, and even a blade of grass...killing a turkey can be one of the easiest accomplishments out there

Offline Britton40

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 07:39:47 AM »
I’d save my money and hope I never get the phone call, unless you’ve got a goose hunt booked
I know a bunch of dead turkeys  that would disagree. May just be operator error

I got a good laugh lol

But in all seriousness I’ve yet to meet someone in person that’s a fan of them, super inconsistent and just an odd pitch and tone, I’ve seen some internet profiles that like them just never met a real person that does.  You can kill a bird with a seashell and a peg, natural voice, Walmart call, and even a blade of grass...killing a turkey can be one of the easiest accomplishments out there
I’ve killed a royal slam with my Mann Made calls.  At least one of his is always with me while I’m in the turkey woods. I don’t know what your problem is with Mr. Mann, but if you have a call you don’t like, I’m 100 % positive he will fix it or make you another one. Always has always will.

To the OP, it’s probably around 2 years. I suggest giving him a call around 5 pm. I’m sure he will be happy to tell you where you are on the list.

Offline outdoornut

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 08:01:39 AM »
List was at 2 as I stated, some people have put their calls on hold due to covid ,so you may come up sooner.
I have 10, I've never been disappointed by Steve's calls. Just recently had one refinished due to wear. It is always in my vest ,seen allot of miles and ended a pile of long beard"s lives

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 11:54:00 AM »
Otdoornut
What goes into refinishing his calls?,,I have four of his now that I use would be good information to know for future.

Offline slicksbeagles1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 11:23:08 AM »
I am a personal friend of Steve’s and you want find a better honest, humble, and honest person in the world. He makes nice calls and stands behind everyone 100%. He will help you anyway he can and go above and beyond to try and make you happy. If you need information give him a call. Just to let you know he is in his shop every day after work. He is in the eastern time zone.

Offline packmule

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »
I am a personal friend of Steve’s and you want find a better honest, humble, and honest person in the world. He makes nice calls and stands behind everyone 100%. He will help you anyway he can and go above and beyond to try and make you happy. If you need information give him a call. Just to let you know he is in his shop every day after work. He is in the eastern time zone.

Spot on.

Offline bowhunter_769

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2020, 08:28:45 AM »
He called me a couple months ago to make sure I still wanted one. I was on a two year waiting list. He said it wouldn’t be that long, that he was getting ready to retire and would be in the shop more.

Offline Vaughnrp2

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »
The few times I have spoken with Steve he’s has been very helpful and willing to go above and beyond when it comes to customer service. And for the way his calls sound I think a two year long list speaks for its self.

Offline Jonathan Wise

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »
Steve makes an outstanding call. It is round 2 year wait last I talked to him.

Offline outdoornut

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2021, 10:46:36 PM »
Otdoornut
What goes into refinishing his calls?,,I have four of his now that I use would be good information to know for future.
You just send it back to him and he will clean it up and refinish it. If I remember, all I paid was shipping ,but I would ask him.
He did retire and spent his first day in his shop working on calls.