turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Food plots are in

Started by bbcoach, August 27, 2020, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDSTRUTNRUT

Tried wheat and turnips last year planting 0n 9-14-19 was surprises that deer went after the turnips after a couple frosts.   In jan they went after the bulbs and by like march only hollowed out shells remained.   Put in same  on 9-17-20 did add some brassicas and clovers in the mix.

MDSTRUTNRUT

Found my old pics, this was 1-18-20

TauntoHawk

I don't ever have issues with deer eating so much as keeping them from eating it all too fast.

Clover & chicory

Brassica oats and rye

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

I gave the guys that let me hunt their land a few bags of this stuff, don't know if it is the best, they do not seem to want to soil test though I wish they would. (I even offered to pay to have some of it done) They are more into deer hunting for the most part than turkey hunting so I tried to give them something that would help both species a bit. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/evolved-harvest-mega-plot-hunter-series-20-73001
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

We have the best luck in our area with just clover , and keeping it maintained and fertilized ... deer and turkey love it...

MDSTRUTNRUT

There is some clovers in that mix but not sure what kind since I was in hospital and got neighbor to plant it for me this year..  Want to top sow some clover this late winter, we're in USDA zone 7 I believe so first aver frost oct 31 and last aver frost april 1.    A red clover grows wild here some places so thought that and some type of white clover.    Fertilizer and lime is gonna be a must tho.

nativeks

Since Sept 1 we have had .25" of rain. It is in the 80s with no chance of rain in the forecast through the next 14 days. Food plots are dead for the most part. I do have a shaded plot that is barely hanging on and seeing some traffic. Did manage to shoot a doe Oct 1.