Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotion - Wednesday - 5/18/11 - Hungry

Started by lightsoutcalls, May 18, 2011, 10:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Have you ever gotten so busy with your daily activities that you forget, or just don't take time to eat?  You run here and there, or you work at one task and then the next either not thinking about grabbing a bite to eat or thinking, "I'll have a good meal when I get finished".  Sometimes this kind of lifestyle catches up with us either with those annoying little hunger pains or for some, light headedness due to low sugar intake, etc.  
Out spiritual life can suffer from our busy schedule as well.  It becomes too easy to not feed regularly on God's word, thinking we will catch up on Sunday...  Sometimes life throws us a situation where we get those spiritual hunger pains... that little thought deep inside that reminds us we skipped our spiritual nutrition for the day, our "daily bread".  

Matthew 6:11 (Common English Bible)

11 Give us the bread we need for today.

Take a look at the wording of this verse in this translation.  According to our daily schedules, some days our bodies need more protein, some days more carbohydrates to carry out the tasks for the day.  Right?  By the same token, in our spiritual life, some days we need more encouragement, some days a good spiritual challenge (read that kick in the pants) while other days, we just need to be reminded of the greatness of our God.  It wouldn't be out of line to pray each day that God would give us each day what we will need to get through the challenges before us that day.  

If you have a couple of minutes, listen to the song in the link below by one of my favorite bands - Kutless

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/kutless-hungry/a5f57c27ebd4891ca362a5f57c27ebd4891ca362-970122003160?q=kutless+hungry&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR4
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Duke0002

Great reminder, Wendell.  Thanks.   One day at a time!   :jesus-cross:

Roostem33

Great devotional Wendell, and the song is one of my favorites!!! Thanks!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

pappy

Can't go the day without feeding on the word, thanks Wendell...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206