OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Frogwood Strikers  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Dfowlup

• Fowler Outdoor Products
Frogwood Strikers
« on: August 21, 2020, 07:00:32 AM »
Just started making some Frogwood Strikers to go along with my Dymondwood, Dymalux and Dymond Ply. Dad never made any as it was just coming out prior to his passing.  Does anyone have any input on if there are variations in sound from the different colors styles?  I have made three from the first I've purchased which is the Gaelic color.  I just ordered a couple more styles but there's a long lead time now for getting the orders in. I would assume the colors will just be a cosmetic difference as long as its made the same.
Fowlup

Offline Dfowlup

Re: Frogwood Strikers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 01:21:43 PM »
Well my Frogwood order came in Saturday.  No back order this time!  Got it all cut up and made 3 of each.  Doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in sound and if any it's probably due to some variations in the striker size.  It definitely makes some pretty strikers!  Pink Camo on top and Cranberry on bottom.
Fowlup

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 02:59:44 AM »
That cranberry looks great. Hell, they all do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 03:03:37 PM »
I use it a lot Derek, pretty good stuff.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Offline Dfowlup

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 06:45:34 PM »
Made some two piece strikers today with the Frogwood and Red Oak, Hickory and Mesquite tops.  I still have to say the wood is too pretty not to build one piece strikers.  It does sounds good though.
Fowlup

Offline Dfowlup

Re: Frogwood Strikers and Harold's Custom Strikers
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 10:32:09 PM »
I have updated my web site striker page and updated what strikers are still available from Dads inventory.  The list is dwindling fast. There are about 75 basic wood strikers and 75 others with various tips left. Hopefully I can continue filling the missing woods with my strikers to get quantities back for all the woods he made available.   http://www.fowleroutdoors.com/Strikers/One%20Piece%20Strikers.htm
Fowlup