OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Water Bottle Recommendations  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Ynarillol

Water Bottle Recommendations
« on: August 18, 2020, 02:39:36 PM »
For years I've filled a 24oz plastic sports bottle with a little water and let it freeze overnight. Then I top it off with water in the morning. The bottle is nothing fancy, just a plastic bottle with a push top that came off a mountain bike. Doesn't crinkle and make any noise but is starting to leak where the bottle has warped.

I don't want a metal bottle because it could clink and bang. Any recommendations for a plastic/sound proof bottle that you really like to bring into the woods with you I will get cash advance online for it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 01:32:42 AM by Ynarillol »

Offline Jrkimbrough

Re: Water Bottle Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 02:53:30 PM »
The bladder style bottles are awesome. Compact, lightweight and can fit anywhere in your vest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 03:57:34 PM »
I use military canteens. They come in green, black or tan.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 04:17:09 PM »
Fred brand spring water. Their bottles are shaped like a flask. Fit in a vest pocket way better than traditional cylindrical bottles and they don't crinkle. Used to be able to buy their spring water in these flask shaped containers at local convenience stores, can't find them anymore.

But they sell their reusable empty containers:

https://www.fredwater.com/all-products/13-5oz-fred-empty

I give the bottle a squeeze after drinking, push the air up and out, screw the cap on and no sloshing around.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 04:47:39 PM »
I buy one of the big smart waters and save the bottle. It has a flip top and is heavy plastic that does not make noise when empty. Use it for a while and then buy another.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 05:46:17 PM »
If i'm freezing one , i usually use 20 oz. green plastic Mountain Dew bottle .. these work pretty good and are cheap after you drink the Diet Mt. Dew ..LOL...

Offline Loyalist84

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 06:57:22 PM »
Personally, I live and die by by 1L Nalgene wide mouth. I wouldn't reccommend freezing it, maybe add ice instead, but it's the toughest plastic container I've seen. The narrow mouth model would probably be quieter though.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 08:56:25 PM »

Camelbak Stadium bottle.  Quiet, 25 oz and insulated. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 08:32:22 AM »
CamelBak make great stuff but if you are looking for an actual bottle go with a Nalgene.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Online Treerooster

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2020, 09:36:39 AM »
Nalgene bottle. I have 2 sizes, about pint and quart and use whatever is appropriate for the time I will be out and temps. I take one of those plastic dish scrubbers (looks like a plastic net) and pull it apart and stuff it in the bottle. It acts as a baffle and helps keep the water from making sloshing noises. Been doing that since I use to bow hunt elk back in the 80's & 90's. I can pull the scrubber out and run it and the bottle through the dishwasher to clean it now & then. Never liked bladders as they can't be cleaned well.