OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Shipping Delays!  (Read 2907 times)

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
Shipping Delays!
« on: August 15, 2020, 03:50:06 PM »
Not sure if any of you have noticed but it seems just about every company that has online ordering has a 5-7 day delay for processing and shipping of your orders.  They say it is due to volume.  Be aware if you are ordering for the upcoming hunting seasons.  Get Your Orders in EARLY!  Christmas will probably be a NIGHTMARE, so make sure the BETTER half knows as well!

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
Re: Shipping Delays!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 04:18:33 PM »
Haven't ordered anything in a while but will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks for the heads up. Is that in shipping from the warehouse or do you mean from the time the company ships there is a delay or both?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 04:54:55 PM »
Yes, nothing ships quick anymore except bills.......
“Solo hunter”

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 06:08:32 PM »
I agree with Tom, you will get your bill's on time .. I've had a package that's was order and shipped Aug 8 , and now i can't get anymore shipping updates and I've still not received the package ...

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »
Companies are getting so much volume, they can't get your order out.  They are putting fliers on their homepages saying there will be a 5-7 day delay in shipping your order.  I ordered some trail cams from Natchez on Sunday and they shipped them Friday.  With COVID, many people are Stay at Home Shopping and it is raising volume and extending ship times.  Make sure you factor in several more days if you need something. 

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 06:36:36 PM »
Well I guess I am somewhat lucky I live about 40 minutes north of Bass Pro even though it is overpriced they typically have what I need. The only thing I really need at this point is a new one piece rod and some bore tech eliminator and shotgun cleaner.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 09:04:17 PM »
Overall I have not had a lot of trouble. Had some strikers that I shipped that took forever and did not update the tracking. Had a trumpet I was concerned about. I ordered some binos the other week from Cabelas and got them on two days with them coming in on a Saturday through FedEX. Hopefully will have something come next week and I hope there is no issues.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Loyalist84

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 09:15:38 PM »
Overall my luck hasn't been terrible. Pots take 2 weeks and I've been waiting on strikers for nearly a month, but considering all the hubbub with customs I'm just counting myself lucky to have them in hand at all!

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 09:55:41 PM »
I ordered something from Rogers sporting goods at 1 pm on a thursday had it in my house by 1 pm friday.

Ordered something from optics planet. It didnt show up till I disputed the charge then magically showed up in 2 days.

Offline Neill_Prater

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 10:13:10 PM »
I've ordered a few things from Bass Pro and they get here pronto, but I am close to the main headquarters. Like others, things I have ordered from smaller companies take a few days to get shipped.

I sent a sight to Holosun to be checked out under warranty via USPS, and it took 3 weeks to get to California.

Offline silvestris

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 11:58:42 PM »
The lefties are blaming on Trump and some may be true to a bit as he has appointed a new Postmaster General.  Most likely the fault is mostly on the damned bat-eating communist Chinese and their virus.
“[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer.”  Ken Morgan, “Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 05:57:26 AM »
The lefties are blaming on Trump and some may be true to a bit as he has appointed a new Postmaster General.  Most likely the fault is mostly on the damned bat-eating communist Chinese and their virus.
I agree, buy everything you can remember that dirtbag Biden is appointing Beta o'Rourke has gun Czar and he is coming for our damn guns. That's what he said paraphrased.

From time to time the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of Patriots and tyrants alike.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline kennedyh1990

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »
I’ve ordered 3 items over the past few weeks....all of them have come a week later than the estimated delivery date. When you look at tracking it simply says, “your package is moving through our system and will arrive later than expected.” It’s crazy right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 11:33:58 AM »
I have had delays with all of them, bought a scratch box and it took 8 days to get here by priority with USPS I also ordered some lacquer for a call I am making and that was ordered on the Third and did not arrive until the Eleventh that was with UPS and had some problems with some Bluray's that did not come for almost a month through Fed-Ex because they lost the first set that was sent and would not admit it until I got the shipper involved.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 01:04:54 PM »
Okay cool, I was going to wait until the first to order my products from Bore Tech but may order early. Don't need the guns until the 26th of September but want to get them cleaned and sighted in before then. Thanks for the heads up guys

DE OPPRESSO LIBER