OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Getting my gun Dipped!  (Read 4793 times)

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
Getting my gun Dipped!
« on: August 12, 2020, 06:56:06 PM »
Dropped off my 20 guage Stoeger M3020 to get dipped in Original Bottomland today. I also had comp n choke cut my barrel from 26 to 22”

Pretty excited for my customized turkey gun.

Anyone ever have a gun dipped? How did it turn out? 

Anyone else doing any off season mods to your gear? Or is it just me wanting to keep turkeys going in my mind! I bought my deer archery tags and fall Turkey today, always got these gobblers on my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Huckleberry91

Re: Getting my gun Dipped!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 10:14:54 PM »
If I knew somebody in the area that done them I would've had my Stoeger dipped along time ago. I did order the original bottomland wrap from mossy oak graphics and wrapped it myself. It didn't turn out bad for my first time wrapping one, curious as to how yours turns out!
This weekend ill be going after my bow and fall turkey tags, I've got a few cameras to check as well.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 07:07:52 AM »
Had Tarjac did mine before last season and was very happy with the results and how it did this spring.  The shipping and whole process was a breeze.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline FLGobstopper

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 12:01:43 PM »
Dropped off my 20 guage Stoeger M3020 to get dipped in Original Bottomland today. I also had comp n choke cut my barrel from 26 to 22”

Anyone else doing any off season mods to your gear? Or is it just me wanting to keep turkeys going in my mind! I bought my deer archery tags and fall Turkey today, always got these gobblers on my mind.

Who's doing it?

I have a couple I've been wanting to do for a while now and my main 20ga that's getting to the point of needing it because the old factory finish is looking pretty beat up. Lots of guys out there doing good work and one of the ones that's really caught my eye is Etheredge Hydrographics. Unless I see or hear otherwise that's the one I'm leaning towards.

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 12:14:29 PM »

Who's doing it?

I have a couple I've been wanting to do for a while now and my main 20ga that's getting to the point of needing it because the old factory finish is looking pretty beat up. Lots of guys out there doing good work and one of the ones that's really caught my eye is Etheredge Hydrographics. Unless I see or hear otherwise that's the one I'm leaning towards.
I actually did contact Etheridge about getting it dipped but was told they were booked out for a few months. My boss at work has a side hobby of sports memorabilia, he will buy a blank football helmet and then design is like he likes with his favorites team logos, then get them signed when the players have a signing.

He has a dipping guy who does a lot of helmets and other stuff. So luckily he was able to squeeze me in. I’m kinda getting in on a favor because he doesn’t really do guns because I guess who’s got some big corporate contract dipping for a big company which that’s his main focus.

I will definitely post photos when I get it back.

I would definitely go with Etheridge, if I didn’t get in with the guy I’m with now I would have gone with Etheridge

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 12:15:28 PM »
If I knew somebody in the area that done them I would've had my Stoeger dipped along time ago. I did order the original bottomland wrap from mossy oak graphics and wrapped it myself. It didn't turn out bad for my first time wrapping one, curious as to how yours turns out!
This weekend ill be going after my bow and fall turkey tags, I've got a few cameras to check as well.
Nice! I always wondered about those wraps but I’ve wrapped stuff on a car before and I knew it wouldn’t be an easy task!

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 12:54:05 PM »
Will you have it in time and setup for the fall season?  Most of the reputable companies normally have several months of orders backlogged.  So get them in early, if you plan on hunting them.  As others have said, post some PICS when complete.

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 01:10:02 PM »
Ive had 3 done. 2 in Natural Gear, 1 in original Mossy Oak shadowgrass.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 01:34:48 PM »

I also used the Mossy Oak Graphics on my 16 gauge. Using a hair dryer for all the curves, it came out perfect. My friend thought it was dipped. Can’t wait to see pics of your gun when it is done. Good luck...
“Solo hunter”

Offline Brian Fahs

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 05:04:04 PM »
Just got these back from carolina graphic enterprise. Call tad. He had a less than 3 week turn around for me including tapping and mounting the sumtoy bases for me

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 05:05:00 PM »
Fantastic looking....
“Solo hunter”

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 05:11:33 PM »
Just got these back from carolina graphic enterprise. Call tad. He had a less than 3 week turn around for me including tapping and mounting the sumtoy bases for me
X2 on tad. Did a great job on mine cerakote/dip

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 05:46:34 PM »
X2 on tad. Did a great job on mine cerakote/dip

Great looking over under...

“Solo hunter”

Offline Huckleberry91

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 10:32:25 PM »

I also used the Mossy Oak Graphics on my 16 gauge. Using a hair dryer for all the curves, it came out perfect. My friend thought it was dipped. Can’t wait to see pics of your gun when it is done. Good luck...
Looking good! I didn't think of the hairdryer thats a good idea.

Offline Huckleberry91

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 10:36:49 PM »
Nice! I always wondered about those wraps but I’ve wrapped stuff on a car before and I knew it wouldn’t be an easy task!

Its not too bad if you take your time with it. I never thought of it but like Tom007 said below using a hair dryer on his edges and corners im sure slicks em up nice!