OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB: Mark Sharpe Cane Yelper

Started by afhunter1, August 07, 2020, 11:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afhunter1

Anyone got a Mark Sharpe call they'd like to part with?

Thanks!

Greg Massey

Mark said he was fixing to post one up shortly on his facebook page for sale ..

afhunter1

Thanks for the tip!  I'll try and keep an eye on his page.   

AT

Quote from: afhunter1 on August 07, 2020, 11:06:33 AM
Anyone got a Mark Sharpe call they'd like to part with?

Thanks!

Don't get on his list. 1 year list and a 2 year wait.

greentag

I tried to get one of his calls over a year ago or so ,offered some good ones to trade or to buy one on here,then he contacted me and asked me if I found one,put me in his list said I should have by this past season,I was looking forward to it,cause it was starting to get pretty close to time I thought,and I had been wanting a really good wingbone,And those he make look awesome and people seem to always hold onto them,then he posted on here and said he wasn't going by his list no more and was wiping it completely out,and just like that there went my chance getting one.i felt like I had been stood up to the prom and finally I just gave up on it..lol,.. luckily about the same time I got on Tony ezolts list,he said he would have it by the season and he did,get you one of those if you can't find what your looking for if you don't have one already,you won't regret it,it's an awesome call and he was super nice,I play the one I have a little every night,its a wingbone and runs better than the majority of trumpets out there and sounds amazing.good luck finding what your looking for.

Chuck1443

X2 on Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afhunter1

Geez, I didn't know all this was going on.  I knew he didn't make many calls anymore but I had no idea that his calls are so hard to get.   I just wanted a good quality cane call.   I don't have any cane calls in my collection and I have read enough on here to know his are pretty well regarded.   I guess I will have to look for someone else now.   I do already have 2 of EZ's wingbones and they are top shelf for sure.   I just wanted a different makers cane call for some variety if ya know what I mean.

Thanks!

Chuck1443

There's a cane yelper on eBay for 40$ . There was 2 , but I bought the other . Excellent little yelper

crow

Quote from: afhunter1 on August 10, 2020, 09:21:01 PM
Geez, I didn't know all this was going on.  I knew he didn't make many calls anymore but I had no idea that his calls are so hard to get.   I just wanted a good quality cane call.   I don't have any cane calls in my collection and I have read enough on here to know his are pretty well regarded.   I guess I will have to look for someone else now.   I do already have 2 of EZ's wingbones and they are top shelf for sure.   I just wanted a different makers cane call for some variety if ya know what I mean.

Thanks!

get one of Lee Bowls cane yelper, EZ would have Lee's #

davisd9

Quote from: Chuck1443 on August 10, 2020, 09:31:55 PM
There's a cane yelper on eBay for 40$ . There was 2 , but I bought the other . Excellent little yelper

Great call by a great hunter!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Mr. Mark works a full time job and used to travel for his job. Not sure if he still travels but he felt it was taking a lot of time from his family with the list and working. He makes a great call and did not take any money to put a name on his list. His calls are hard to come by because when someone buys one they normally keep it. Be worth watching to see if he offers one for sale.

I have played EZ's calls at Unicoi and they are very good also.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

tnanh

I went through the same thing with Mark Sharpe. Ended up with one of Tony Ezolts recently and very glad I did. Wingbone plays easy and sounds good. I also bought two of Kevin Rouses cane calls and absolutely love them. One was ordered from Kevin and the other was an auction from Wisconsin on e bay. Very happy with all three calls.

paboxcall

Quote from: davisd9 on August 10, 2020, 10:12:10 PM
His calls are hard to come by because when someone buys one they normally keep it.

Describes me. Got lucky few years back when a pair of his Jordan style calls popped up here on OG in the middle of the day, and I snagged one of them.

By the way, that ebay call mentioned below is a stone cold all cane killer. Got two of those, and like the Sharpe, I'm keeping them too.

Quote from: davisd9 on August 10, 2020, 10:09:01 PM
Quote from: Chuck1443 on August 10, 2020, 09:31:55 PM

Great call by a great hunter!

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

afhunter1

Ok.  You guys talked me into it.  I bought the one on EBay.

Thanks!

k4brannon

Lee Steed makes a great cane call