turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Memories of Spring by Ron D Jolly

Started by Sir-diealot, August 06, 2020, 11:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Just finished reading Memories of Spring by Ron D Jolly, I have to say I really enjoyed it, he does a great job of painting a picture and making you feel you are there with him.

Jolly was a videographer for Primos during many of the Primos Truth turkey hunting videos as well as others projects.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BBR12

It is an excellent book I really enjoyed it. 

Tom007

Good guy, enjoy watching him on the videos...be safe
"Solo hunter"

Hooksfan

He is one of the good ones. I may gave to check it out.

doublespurs21

his wife was also a good storyteller,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sir-diealot

Quote from: doublespurs21 on August 07, 2020, 04:23:48 PM
his wife was also a good storyteller,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I did not know that, knew she is quite the photographer though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Hooksfan on August 07, 2020, 03:58:02 PM
He is one of the good ones. I may gave to check it out.
I don't think you'll regret it. :D

John Koenig:

GobbleGitr

One of the better recent books....not just a play by play of hunts, but truly great storytelling!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: GobbleGitr on August 08, 2020, 07:20:31 PM
One of the better recent books....not just a play by play of hunts, but truly great storytelling!
Yes, I totally agree.

John Koenig:

Cowboy

Yep great guy and great book. Miss Tess was very friendly. Meet them at NWTF in February.  Bought their book and got pic taken with Ron Jolly and Will Primos together. Ron signed my book as well. Wonderful ppl.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cowboy on August 16, 2020, 08:54:49 AM
Yep great guy and great book. Miss Tess was very friendly. Meet them at NWTF in February.  Bought their book and got pic taken with Ron Jolly and Will Primos together. Ron signed my book as well. Wonderful ppl.
Would be neat to meet Mr. Primos, he is who got me started turkey hunting with the Truth series. Ron also seems like a nice guy after speaking with him on the phone and Facebook.

John Koenig:

Cowboy

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 16, 2020, 11:24:53 AM
Would be neat to meet Mr. Primos, he is who got me started turkey hunting with the Truth series. Ron also seems like a nice guy after speaking with him on the phone and Facebook.
Yep. Own every Truth video they made pretty much. Like them earlier ones.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cowboy on August 16, 2020, 11:33:16 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 16, 2020, 11:24:53 AM
Yep. Own every Truth video they made pretty much. Like them earlier ones.
When I had my last car accident I got rid of my hunting videos and DVD's, I never thought I would be able to hunt again and having anything hunting related around hurt to look at. Now I am trying to find some of those Truth videos from the mid 90's on up which is when I started to watch them.

John Koenig:

doublespurs21

Sir-diealot,,,,,,,,,, i sent you a PM  concerning those tapes..............

Sir-diealot

Quote from: doublespurs21 on August 16, 2020, 11:43:47 AM
Sir-diealot,,,,,,,,,, i sent you a PM  concerning those tapes..............
Thank you again.

John Koenig: