turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

tube call diaphragm material

Started by Mnrookie, August 06, 2020, 07:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnrookie

has anyone used Thera brand  material off of ebay for tube turkey and goose calls?

Mnrookie

Also for a rubber band (size/thickness)to hold the diaphragm on the tube call, what would you recommend ?

tal

I use latex dental dams, no experience with the bands although many do use them. Consider o-rings. The inner diameter  will depend on the size of the call. I like them about 1/8" thick. Too thin or not tight enough and the latex will slip. If you get the o-rings too thick they have a tendency to grab on stuff and pull off.

Scpossum

Thera band will work. I have used the yellow or tan in the past.  Today I would probably go with the tan.

Mnrookie

How well did the thera band work?
Is it better than dental dam?
Thanks again for all the input

Candyman

Scpossum

Just saw the post.  Theraband works well. Has some elasticity to it.  I like it better than the dental dam, but some people sound really great with the dental dam.  Tal is one of those people.  I have used both in the past and both work. Get some of both and experiment.  I currently use .003 &.004 latex used in making mouthcalls.  Tal is correct.  Too thick an O-ring makes it easy for it to catch and pull off.  Too tight and you will have a hard time adjusting the latex.

Mnrookie

Thanks for the sample Candyman. And thanks for all the information guys. Good luck hunting

magnumgray

That's what the original Knight and Hale calls used .... I like the green ..... just stop by a physical therapist ..... and they will fix you up