OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: NRA Lawsuit  (Read 4622 times)

Online silvestris

• Longbeard
NRA Lawsuit
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »
The state of New York has filed a lawsuit against the NRA and several officers seeking to abolish the NRA. Just an election ploy to destroy our gun rights. The petition is around 169 pages long and I have not yet had the opportunity to read it yet, but it appears to allege insider dealings for personal gain. The board must investigate the allegations and clean house, if necessary. The association is more important than any individual.

However, the libtards can not be allowed to destroy the association.
“[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer.”  Ken Morgan, “Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: NRA Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 02:17:13 PM »
I agree, we can't let any of these organizations be abolished , they all need our support more than ever NOW. NRA, NWTF and so on...

Offline Big Guy

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
I agree, we can't let any of these organizations be abolished , they all need our support more than ever NOW. NRA, NWTF and so on...
is it really wise to be giving more money to an organization that is being charged with fraud and basically stealing money to line their own pockets?   Not that I think the gun lobby doesn't need or shouldn't have an organization but perhaps the NRA is too corrupt to continue in its current form

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 03:46:23 PM »
is it really wise to be giving more money to an organization that is being charged with fraud and basically stealing money to line their own pockets?   Not that I think the gun lobby doesn't need or shouldn't have an organization but perhaps the NRA is too corrupt to continue in its current form
  Everyone has opinions , good for you ..

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 04:13:29 PM »
Just imagine what the NRA could be with Wayne gone.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 05:07:59 PM »
Yes, everyone has their opinion. NRA and especially the NWTF have gotten way too money hungry. When we give them
Money they hammer us wanting more. Very frustrating. We need the NRA but they need to get their stuff straight. Not too sure we need the NWTF any longer unless they get back to helping with turkey management.

Offline Magdump

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 06:28:06 PM »
Yes, everyone has their opinion. NRA and especially the NWTF have gotten way too money hungry. When we give them
Money they hammer us wanting more. Very frustrating. We need the NRA but they need to get their stuff straight. Not too sure we need the NWTF any longer unless they get back to helping with turkey management.

Well summarized!  Exactly this! 

Offline ShortSpurs

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 07:53:52 PM »
 X-2!

Offline fallhnt

• Double Beard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 08:55:38 PM »
Maybe you guys need to head to DC to lobby and fight for our gun rights.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 09:39:58 PM »
 The liberals are not trying to clean the NRA up, they intend to shut it down forever. A slippery slope best not started down.

Offline Big Guy

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 10:02:48 PM »
Maybe you guys need to head to DC to lobby and fight for our gun rights.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I didn't say gun rights don't need a lobbyist but perhaps one where the leaders don't divert millions of dollars for their own personal use.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Offline TonyTurk

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 10:14:55 PM »
The liberals are not trying to clean the NRA up, they intend to shut it down forever. A slippery slope best not started down.

THIS.  RIGHT.  HERE.

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 06:43:10 AM »
It’s a catch 22, those organizations need the money to operate. With more money being given, those in charge feel they need a raise, so they get there raises.

I don’t want to see either the NWTF or the NRA go. I still am a member to the NWTF and donate to them. The NRA I’ve been meaning to join for a handful of years now but it just slips my mind.

Hopefully these issues can be corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline THattaway

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Worship the LORD, not His creation.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 08:26:31 AM »

is it really wise to be giving more money to an organization that is being charged with fraud and basically stealing money to line their own pockets?   
I feel the same way about taxes most of the time. ;D
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

“The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill.”-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 10:02:07 AM »
The LaPierre legacy.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.