Camouflage

Started by Huckleberry91, August 01, 2020, 12:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 02, 2020, 09:57:09 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on August 01, 2020, 11:16:21 AM
Quote from: falltoms on August 01, 2020, 10:24:54 AM
Quote from: guesswho on August 01, 2020, 08:19:10 AM
I don't think any camouflage on the market stands out enough to affect your hunt one way or the other.  The big camouflage debate is for hunters and there is nothing wrong with that.  Kind of fun like Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge etc.   but as far as turkeys go, it doesn't make a bit of difference wether a hunter wears Mosyoak, Realtree or any combination of camouflage.   
I agree with this,  I think camo is way overrated, most of the time I wear solid grey or all green flannel shirts,  while hunting, there comfortable and cheaper than camo, and never had problems.I think the best camouflage is being Still.
X3 .. you can wear pair blue jeans and flannel shirt and kill turkeys , camo is way over rated, it's best you be still and patience ...
But I make camo look sexy!
I guess that's why those rabies coons like you so much , because your Sexy ..  :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 03, 2020, 12:09:29 AM
I don't think any camouflage on the market stands out enough to affect your hunt one way or the other.  The big camouflage debate is for hunters and there is nothing wrong with that.  Kind of fun like Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge etc.   but as far as turkeys go, it doesn't make a bit of difference wether a hunter wears Mosyoak, Realtree or any combination of camouflage.   
I agree with this,  I think camo is way overrated, most of the time I wear solid grey or all green flannel shirts,  while hunting, there comfortable and cheaper than camo, and never had problems.I think the best camouflage is being Still.
X3 .. you can wear pair blue jeans and flannel shirt and kill turkeys , camo is way over rated, it's best you be still and patience ...
I guess that's why those rabies coons like you so much , because your Sexy ..  :TooFunny:
Twas a skunk! Could have made perfume from it after it bit me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

:TooFunny:
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 03, 2020, 04:22:43 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on August 03, 2020, 12:09:29 AM
Twas a skunk! Could have made perfume from it after it bit me.
:TooFunny: yes ..............

Turkeyman

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on August 01, 2020, 05:41:57 PM
Turkeyman you might take a look at these
https://www.natchezss.com/natchez-exclusive-tru-spec-bdu-pants-original-bottomland-camo-100-cotton.html

Great...I think I'll order a set...haven't been able to find any in the past.

Ordered the pants...coat out of stock but selected to email me when available. Thanks.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Your more than welcome

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Turkeyman

I'll see what it's like when it comes. Hopefully it won't be too noisy because I'd like to wear it for deer hunting as well. But for those that don't know the difference there's no comparison between mil spec and your regular Chinese garbage, Realtree et al, when it comes to quality.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeyman on August 04, 2020, 05:11:05 PM
I'll see what it's like when it comes. Hopefully it won't be too noisy because I'd like to wear it for deer hunting as well. But for those that don't know the difference there's no comparison between mil spec and your regular Chinese garbage, Realtree et al, when it comes to quality.
I would think the noise would be much more of a problem for turkey hunting, even with bow hunting?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

I don't think camo is over rated but I think camo fashion is out of hand. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Mossberg90MN

I think bottomland might be the best. Because it doesn't just try to imitate woods like obsession does, it's woods colors and breaking up your pattern.

I think it's possible to wear bottomland all season but about midway through the season I switch up my top with a 3D leafy top.

Turkeys eye sight is so good I think you would need a full blown Gilly suit to fool them. With regular camo patterns I know I don't got much time before they notice me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberry91

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on August 01, 2020, 08:20:45 AM
I've always thought Bottomland was the least limiting camo pattern available. There's always grays and browns in the woods, but there's not always greens. There's always bark, but not always leaves. After green you've usually got some color in front of you anyways helping to break you up further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hunt mainly hardwoods, lots of pine thickets around just don't hunt em so I too believe the grays and browns you get in the bottomland or green leaf usually always seem to have a place.

Huckleberry91

I absolutely agree that the best camo is just sitting still! Then again theres really not much of a debate if you're a believer in camouflage that certain camo's have their place and time. Just some turkey talk while we patiently count down the days!

ol bob

If you remain still anything will work if you don't nothing will work.

redleg06

I just buy whatever is comfortable, functional, and that I can get at a decent price.  I don't think it matter's that much and kind of get a kick out of the guys who have to have matching camo head to toe  :popcorn:

Gobble!

Agree. Sit still and you're in good shape

GobbleNut

Quote from: paboxcall on August 01, 2020, 06:38:21 PM
Washed out and faded camo can be a liability - white/gray faded fabric makes you stick out in the woods and shadows.

Entirely agree.  There comes a time in most camo's life after a few washings that a lot of it starts to look light gray compared to it's surroundings.  The bad part about it is that it retains some of the camo pattern so up-close and personal, it doesn't look like it would stand out.  Look at someone wearing that faded camo from 50 or 100 yards away, though, and they stand out like a dog turd in a kiddy pool.   :o