OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New gun  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Twodogs

New gun
« on: July 25, 2020, 01:15:41 PM »
I ended up buying a 20 gauge Montefeltro in bottomland for $699 off the BassPro site, the old Dunn’s price. I was saving up to buy the M2 20/24 then have it dipped or Cerakote (or both) but decided to go for the Monte instead. I am going to have to live with the extra 2” on the barrel but it is basically half price before the Cerakote/dip.

Anyone else hunt a Monte here? I assume it will shoot similar patterns to the m2, same chokes right?  Both listed as crio barrels. I am planning to install a Burris FF III on a Sumtoy mount. I heard the magazine cap dose not have a sling attachment but the stock does. Anything else I need to know? Thanks in advance.

Offline cutt down

Re: New gun
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 05:35:00 PM »
You'll love the monte! It's basically the same gun as the M2 w/o the comfort tech stock & has a longer forearm. I like the slender feel of it. Same chokes. Same barrel. I actually like the low rib better than the raised rib. You'll like it! Btw, you can order the mag cap w/swivel on line.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:18:07 PM by cutt down »

Offline Twodogs

Re: New gun
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 07:03:57 PM »
Thank you for the reply. Can’t wait to get it dialed in. Found the magazine cap on Midwest but might ask my smith to drill factory cap. I agree on the flat rib. I prefer that too