turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A little lipstick...

Started by Tarheel, July 24, 2020, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey stew

Sharp looking and I'm sure sounding gobbler scratchers.

Tarheel

Unicoi was a success.  Spending 2 1/2 days sharing a table, talking turkey and turkey calls with Steve Mann was a pleasure.  The two carved scratchboxes were gone less than 10 minutes after I opened my suitcase of turkey calls.  All of my Prince Albert tobacco tin scratchboxes sold, and I had the wife of one customer tell me I needed to do some market research on the value of Prince Albert tobacco tins. She told me I was selling them way too cheap. I later found out Prince Albert tobacco tins are now valuable collectibles. That changes my marketing strategy....LOL!!! Later in the show, an old friend came to the table wanting to see the carved scratchboxes to purchase one, and I had to tell him they had sold....but I still had one at home I had started but not completed. There a long story associated with that call, but I told the customer I would finish it for him if he really wanted one of my carved scratchboxes. Here is the carved scratchbox I have to complete.  I'll show a picture of the finished call when completed. I have a lot of detail to do.....

turkey stew

Marvin, Mighty fine carving! I really like the trees with the gobbler.

Tarheel

Today on YouTube the Unicoi Call Makers posted the Roger Parks Fall Hunting Seminar that Roger did during the Unicoi Call Makers Show.  During that seminar, Roger stated if there was one call at Unicoi that money could buy, he would have purchased this scratchbox from Marvin Breedlove.  A friend sent me the link to the video and asked how much I paid Roger for the promotion.....LOL!!  I was stunned.  I very much appreciate Roger's support and encouragement.  This is my personal hunting call and is NFS, but I will be making Roger one.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ZjyMx81jk   Roger Parks Fall Hunting Seminar

Tarheel

There is a sound file now on Sound File Central of my gobbler scratchbox.

3bailey3

It does have that old gobbler sound.

Tarheel

Today I've posted two more sound file videos on FB Sound File Central, so anyone interested in one of my carved handle scratchboxes should be able to look and listen to those videos and get a pretty good idea of what my scratchboxes sound like.  I have a few carved handle scratchboxes I brought home from Unicoi.

Tarheel

Back last fall 2022, a turkey call maker friend of mine in PA prodded me to do a sound file video on FB Sound File Central. I honestly did not want to do a sound file video.  My friend insisted I post at least one to give it a try....I could only embarrass myself so much, right? I now have to say sound file videos are a game changer.  It has given me the opportunity to meet and have contact with turkey hunters all over the US.  I've made friends I never would have otherwise. 

Today I did a scratchbox count; and now, I'm down to three scratchboxes total, and here is a picture of the three....I might have to do another sound file video....LOL!!!

Well, the last three scratchboxes have sold.  They're all gone.  Hopefully, I'll get some pictures this spring of some dead turkeys.....

turkey stew

Marvin, Congrats on your soundfiles and call sales. The turkey hunting society are an awesome group of people with a common goal..... hunting that grand old gobbler and enjoying the outdoors!