turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Townsend pot

Started by Southerngobbler, July 11, 2020, 02:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngobbler

Just got this glass over slate in an Osage pot from Clay Townsend. It sounds great. The snake wood striker is pretty sweet too,  it plays excellent on everyone of my pot calls.

sbbow

Congrats on a great set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Congrats, he makes great calls and strikers....
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

Very nice, I have a few on order.

Greg Massey

I have that same pot and striker , it's awesome sounding .. I tell people all the time he makes some fine calls and one of the best strikers .. i really like his striker tip.. congrats on your new pot and striker.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, fine looking call and striker. Hoping to try one of his weighted strikers next year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tracker#1

I received the same combo a couple of weeks ago, sounds awesome, Clay is a great call maker to deal with...

PalmettoRon

I'm jealous. Have the same order pending. Glad to hear it sounds as good as it looks. If turkey season doesn't get here soon, I'm going to have to come out of retirement to pay for all the turkey related stuff I've been buying.

GobbleGitr

Absolutely proven in the field, I took 2 gobblers with that combo of Clay's this spring.  He is as nice as they come and his calls are spectacular!

turkeyfool

I have that pot with one of his 2 piece Dymandwood strikers. It sounds absolutely unreal. I'm a pot call junkie and it's easily the best sounding pot and striker pair I have. It also is super consistent. My Osage Glass doesn't play as well with his snakewood striker, but just goes to show you that every individual striker is different

Yelper

I also look forward to testing these out next season. Might have to get me the snakewood striker, everyone who has one says they are great.

Bubinga Glass over Slate
Carnary wood, Purple heart & Padauk glass over Red Slate

Greg Massey

Quote from: Yelper on July 20, 2020, 04:37:05 PM
I also look forward to testing these out next season. Might have to get me the snakewood striker, everyone who has one says they are great.

Beautiful pots from awesome call builder .. yes you need one of his snakewood strikers ..

3bailey3

Very nice Yelper, i can wait for mine to show up! What is the combo on the right?

Yelper

Quote from: 3bailey3 on July 20, 2020, 07:16:35 PM
Very nice Yelper, i can wait for mine to show up! What is the combo on the right?

Bubinga Glass over Slate
Carnary wood, Purple heart & Padauk glass over Red Slate