OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Brumfiel’s Acrylic  (Read 2323 times)

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
Brumfiel’s Acrylic
« on: July 17, 2020, 08:18:02 PM »
Um wow...Finally a call that can be ran in the rain!!!wet or dry and it don’t make your ears bleed.

Stopped and seen Chris again this week to play and buy more calls..Told him while I was there the first time I wanted a all weather pot,after playing his....By far the best ceramic call I have..Lots of call but this one is going hunting next year and will stay in the vest...I can’t get over how soft and toned down I can get with it.

He was working on this FBE green slate during my first visit and seen the call in the making..Told him I wanted it to,FBE sure is a purdy!!! Then again the acrylic is sharp to.

I’m know this is my second post within 3 weeks of Chris’s calls but this guy is legit and I think over looked majorly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Brumfiel’s Acrylic
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 07:32:16 AM »
Great looking calls.....
“Solo hunter”

Offline johnski

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 07:56:08 AM »
Nice looking calls.  I will have to get one of those acrylic's before next season. 

Online bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 11:01:03 AM »
I'm not sure what it is about acrylic but to my ear acrylic makes a GREAT turkey call base.  I have 2 acrylic base calls and I love the sound and the turkeys respond to them really well.  The first is the Primos Ol Betsy gray slate with a laminated birch striker (killed many birds with this $15 call).  The second I just got from Darrin Dawkins and it is his blasted aluminum in an acrylic pot with a heavy dymondwood striker.  Tremendous sound!  The more I use acrylic, I more I like the sound.

Offline doublegunbum

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 11:25:38 AM »
I have the same ceramic from Chris and really like mine as well. (Along with the others I have gotten from him)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »
I'm not sure what it is about acrylic but to my ear acrylic makes a GREAT turkey call base.  I have 2 acrylic base calls and I love the sound and the turkeys respond to them really well.  The first is the Primos Ol Betsy gray slate with a laminated birch striker (killed many birds with this $15 call).  The second I just got from Darrin Dawkins and it is his blasted aluminum in an acrylic pot with a heavy dymondwood striker.  Tremendous sound!  The more I use acrylic, I more I like the sound.

Agreed on Acrylic bases. The Lonzo Acrylic  Aluminum is all turkey.....
“Solo hunter”

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 11:28:00 PM »
I to have the Dawkins call you speak of...If you like it..you will enjoy this ceramic from Chris

Offline Swim-Bait

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 11:48:56 PM »
How much do one of them acrylic ceramic pots go for?

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 03:20:16 PM »
How much do one of them acrylic ceramic pots go for?
$90 about the gone rate for any acrylic pot..Lot of time goes into them.

I’ve asked numerous people to make me a acrylic owl hooter and everyone says no because the time and effort it would take

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 04:06:33 PM »
Very nice guy and a pleasure to deal with. Great looking calls, really like that FBE
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Online bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 04:40:09 PM »
Dawkins Blasted Aluminum with heavy dymondwood striker was $50 shipped.

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2020, 07:42:16 PM »
Dawkins Blasted Aluminum with heavy dymondwood striker was $50 shipped.
That’s a plastic pot not acrylic...good call as well tho !!

Online 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2020, 07:44:30 PM »
Hey BB i think that Dawkins is a plastic pot, acrylic is more heavy and expensive.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2020, 08:47:48 PM »
I have one of his all weather pots that hasn’t left my vest for  I think 2 years now. It’s nice not worrying about rain.

Online bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2020, 08:55:46 PM »
Some say acrylic, some say plastic.  I looked up several different definitions of plastic and acrylic and ALL are vague.  All I know is hard plastic or acrylic, whatever you choose, the resonance and sound that come from them are special in my book.