OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Box vs New Box (Matt Van Cise)

Started by panolaproductions, July 15, 2020, 09:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panolaproductions

I've used the same box for 10-12 years and love it, but wanted a new one. Finally found the one I wanted and Matt built me one. I love both of these calls. Matt's box is a work of art with a turkey in it, every once in a while I can coax it out. Just gotta get better at running it!

https://youtu.be/q2cLUYxxvWU

Greg Massey

Thanks for sharing the calls , both are really nice .. I really like the tone of the glued box ..

outdoors

Matt makes ,  a really good box call , I think you
Have a good one sounds realistic ........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

bear hunter

panolaproductions

Thanks guys! I appreciate that. I'm pleased with both of them.

larry9988

Glued box sounds better to me when you were down in the woods. You play really well.

panolaproductions

Thank you sir. Always trying to improve. I have always liked the Gobbler's Knob box because I think it reaches out a little further not having the rasp. It does more of what I always carry a box for- striking from a distance, windy days, different sound.

GobbleNut

I agree with other comments that both calls sound great,...and you run them well. 

As for practical application in the woods on a hunt, it's hard to say which would be a better choice.  They both have that classic box call sound.  Ultimately, it would probably boil down to the attitude of the gobbler you are calling,...and how you are talking to him.  More specifically, if one or the other box sounds closer to a hen that a discerning gobbler is familiar with, that would probably be the wisest choice to use.

Then again, and as hunters who have been doing this a while know, sometimes that classic box call sound is what they want to hear,...and sometimes it ain't!  If that is the sound they are expecting, however, either of those calls oughta work!

Tom007

Nice calls, sounded great. You handle them well, good luck.......
"Solo hunter"

panolaproductions

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words