turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jordan yelper for a 10yr old turkey fiend

Started by ChesterCopperpot, July 09, 2020, 10:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

A friend of mine's ten year old son recently fell in love with turkeys and has been reading Joe Hutto's Illumination In The Flatwoods. To commemorate that new found passion I made him this Jordan yelper from Tuckaseigee river cane. Added some copperhead skin and Osceola feathers for looks. That's high sporting literature for a ten year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

Nice call, hope he kills a lot of turkeys with it

Sir-diealot

Very nice of you, something he will treasure for a long time to come.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bear hunter

very nice call and gesture a kid will always remember who treated them good when they are young. He will remember that when he gets older.

EZ

crow

nice looking yelper, that should be a happy young turkey hunter

Greg Massey

I sure he will be one happy boy with his new can yelper

2nd 100

Yes sir,  thats some sporty reading for a 10 year old . But as noted that will be a call he always remembers . I can still hear my mentors yelps on an old Cody glass call and some Slate Mike Battey pots all from the EARLY 1980's ! Remember thinking id never be abke to make a call sound like that in my lifetime .... 51 years old now and think I can do as good as he did way back then ..i sure miss that old man !

GobbleGitr

Nice call and a great way to encourage the young man.  That is one of my favorite all-time books; I have been fortunate to befriend Joe Hutto and can tell you he is a wonderful guy