turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rossi Tuffy .410

Started by macobb, April 08, 2020, 12:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macobb

I have looked through a lot of posts but cant seem to find an answer to my question. Has anyone tried using the rossi tuffy .410 with the 18.5" barrel. I am seting it up for a will be six year old's first hunt next year. I would prefer the shorter barrel for her but don't want to have patterning issues with the short barrel. I have saw that stevens 301 is offered in a compact model with a 22" barrel but really wanted to try the rossi 18.5". Any help would be greatly appreciated
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

Curtdawg88

Very interested in this also. I'm looking at this gun for daughter but thinking the 26" barrel would be too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

macobb

My thoughts as well. Hopefully some one can chime in
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

Kyfoster11

I'm also interested in this. I was wild by a tech at mossberg one time a shotgun only needed 18" of barrel to to determine a pattern. This would make any ideal youth gun then. It would be worth buying one just to try it out for that price.

cuppednlocked

I opted for the 26" barrel version because of the screw in chokes.  I looked at the short version but only found a fixed Mod (don't believe they make a fixed full).

Elmerfudd

I bought one. You need to buy the 26" version for a couple of reasons - 1. It comes drilled and tapped and with an optics base. The 18" is not drilled. 2. It comes with an adult sized stock that has a spacer that can be removed to shorten LOP. Its the same stock just with spacer section added. The gun is actually quite short even with the 26" barrel and turkey tube.

In my case I intend to send it off and have it shortened to 18-20 and rethreaded as I intend to also use it as a backpack gun for deer season and want it as compact as I can get it.