OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Vest Feedback-If Interested...

Started by Gobble Nole, April 14, 2020, 11:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble Nole

The seat is very comfortable to me and seems very well made.  It is also easy to remove if you are using a chair or seat...

bigriverbum

Quote from: Gobble Nole on April 15, 2020, 10:07:36 PM
The seat is very comfortable to me and seems very well made.  It is also easy to remove if you are using a chair or seat...

yup! three quick clips undone and toss it on the ground. i did this in the blind with my nephew(never hunted out of a blind before) and also when laying on the ground beside him behind a log

theres some good cushioning on the shoulder blades too on the 300

RED NECK

I have hunted with my rng 300 for two seasons,I had to have it stitched up a bit after each one.I like it a lot but it is not bullet proof and I don't personally find it tougher than others out there.I have years with other vests that have nowhere near the wear and tear.

Its a really great vest and I would say it is as solid as any other on the market right now.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

bigriverbum

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 15, 2020, 10:13:52 PM
I have hunted with my rng 300 for two seasons,I had to have it stitched up a bit after each one.I like it a lot but it is not bullet proof and I don't personally find it tougher than others out there.I have years with other vests that have nowhere near the wear and tear.

Its a really great vest and I would say it is as solid as any other on the market right now.

my nephew and i had 3 toms get in close on us without warning this weekend so we set up fast. i laid down behind him and felt incredible pain on my legs.  looked up and realized i was under a honey locust. the vest made it out ok. my legs did not

https://crittercollective.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/img_1070.jpg

Arkiespur

If I'm not too late for the convo... Does the 300 back pack have room to pack a jacket? It sometimes is a pain to stash shed layers and circle back later to pick em up. Them "game bags"on vests are are more handy for packin clothes than a longbeard in my opinion.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Arkiespur on July 03, 2020, 12:41:32 PM
If I'm not too late for the convo... Does the 300 back pack have room to pack a jacket? It sometimes is a pain to stash shed layers and circle back later to pick em up. Them "game bags"on vests are are more handy for packin clothes than a longbeard in my opinion.
So long as it is not a really thick and heavy jacket it does, you could also attach it to the outside with the straps shown here.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Had one. I did not like it. I use a nomad or Glenda Green satchel
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE