OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

treble hooks!

Started by 3bailey3, June 30, 2020, 07:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

So I got the day off from work and I wanted to take my kayak out to fish some, when I got out it was very windy and hot. I hadn't been out long and reach around to get a drink out of my cooler and I buried a treble hook from a crank bait in the back of my forearm. Right arm still had cooler in my left hand behind me, finally got rod around front and knew I just had to pull the hook on through and cut the bard, I had trouble finding my clippers as the wind was pounding me. After I finally got the hook out I keep on fishing, four bites, none landed, still a better than working.. 

bbcoach

OUCH!!!  A couple of my buddies and myself have been retired for several years now and we have talked about this numerous times, "The Worst Day Hunting or Fishing is BETTER than the Best Day Working!"

3bailey3

bb I have been begging wife to let me retire, I am 57 and will get a pension, not as much as I would at 60 but I keep telling her look at all the days I am missing hunting and fishing! Any day in the outdoors is better than working..

callmakerman

Yup that would hurt and don't tell the Mrs. as she'll have you off to the hospital for a tetanus shot. LOL  Hoping to retire next year at 60. I'll still do a part time gig somewhere but not during turkey season.

Bullet1

Treble hooks can hurt!

bbcoach

I won't bust your Bubble guys, retirement is Great.  If you are financially able, do it as soon as you can.  Retire while you are in good enough health to be able to DO the THINGS you want to do.  Travel, hunt, fish, spend time with your Grand Kids, what ever you want to do and haven't been able to do, due to work and time constraints.  One piece of advice I give to everyone, learn one word in the English language and don't be afraid to use it, "NO"!  You have worked for 40 to 50 years to get to this point in life, so ENJOY IT!  When people hear you are retired, they think you have ALL the time in the world.  If you say yes to everyone, you will fill up your days and be right back to 10 12 or 14 hours of your days gone.  Be selective and ENJOY RETIREMENT doing what you want to do!

Greg Massey

I hate it when something like that happens. I feel your pain.  How was the drink ?

Southerngobbler

Just in case ya didn't know, you can get a tetanus shot at Walmart now. I recently got one and it didn't cost anything. And my insurance suks. Even for folks with no insurance it's less than $50.

3bailey3

I poured vodka on it and drank some more, so far good!!

Tom007

Glad your felling better. X2 on the retirement. While you are healthy enough to chase turkeys, fish, and do all the activities you love, go for it. Trust me, you will love it......be safe and watch that cut does not get infected....
"Solo hunter"

NCL

What bbcoach said times 2. The only thing to add is beware of the "It's Too". When I was still working if I planned a hunting or fishing trip and it rained or was windy went anyway. After retirement get up and go out and "it's too" windy, rainy, or hot today I will go tomorrow. So make sure to avoid the "It's Too" syndrome 

ShootingABN!

Oh man that sucks. However have you changed your setup since you got Hooked?

3bailey3

no I didn't change my setup, milk crate with four rod holders, the hook I my arm was all my fault, careless, I have done it twice in my life, as a kid and I thought I learned my lesson then..

Crghss

That's one of the reasons I switch out my treble hooks for single hooks.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

roberthyman14

Quote from: Crghss on July 02, 2020, 07:04:06 PM
That's one of the reasons I switch out my treble hooks for single hooks.
And it really has zero effect on hook up ratio except with yourself

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk