OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey season 2021 countdown  (Read 2850 times)

Offline quavers59

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Turkey season 2021 countdown
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 03:00:25 AM »
      Up here in New York, I am first looking forward to Fall Turkey Hunting. Just a 2 Week Season. And then the 1 week Fall Turkey Season in New Jersey.    It has been Dry until the last 4 days of June in New York with Rain on those 4 days. Quick hard Downpours. Turkey Poults are being seen everywhere!!

Now when March comes and everyone down South are killing Gobblers- that is a Tough time for me to read along here as, I have to wait for May 1st for New York to open. Thankfully New Jersey opens before New York.     

But with the Fall Turkey Season in NY + NJ-- I Don't have long to wait now.  If, I lived down Georgia or another State without Fall Turkey Hunting, It would really be Tough to wait that Full Year before once again hitting the Turkey Woods.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2020, 07:35:01 PM »
      Up here in New York, I am first looking forward to Fall Turkey Hunting. Just a 2 Week Season. And then the 1 week Fall Turkey Season in New Jersey.    It has been Dry until the last 4 days of June in New York with Rain on those 4 days. Quick hard Downpours. Turkey Poults are being seen everywhere!!

Now when March comes and everyone down South are killing Gobblers- that is a Tough time for me to read along here as, I have to wait for May 1st for New York to open. Thankfully New Jersey opens before New York.     

But with the Fall Turkey Season in NY + NJ-- I Don't have long to wait now.  If, I lived down Georgia or another State without Fall Turkey Hunting, It would really be Tough to wait that Full Year before once again hitting the Turkey Woods.
You're lucky, not much rain in my part of NY the crops are really suffering.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 07:37:22 PM »
No countdown. But today we sprayed fields, next weekend we will be planting chufaa strips and dove fields.   

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2020, 12:32:54 PM »

Looking forward to Fall Turkey as well!

I agree that the anticipation builds early spring when I see guys from down south posting photos! But I’m sure it’s vice versa when the see that we’re still hunting and it’s May 25th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 08:27:50 AM »
I'm ready for 2021 season. Planning a double hunt in Kentucky. Turkey hunting in the morning and Bourbon Trail hunting in the afternoon, can't wait! :funnyturkey:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 04:07:38 PM »
Now that’s a great day :turkey2:
“Solo hunter”