turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One striker to carry forever

Started by ChesterCopperpot, June 26, 2020, 08:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

When I talked with Jeff on Wednesday, he told me he has only been in the part time striker turning business a little over a year.  I told him he definitely has a WINNER with that laminated birch Frogwood striker.  He was very appreciative of All the kind words and orders he received last year from the people on this site.

Turkeytider

Quote from: bbcoach on July 11, 2020, 10:44:43 AM
When I talked with Jeff on Wednesday, he told me he has only been in the part time striker turning business a little over a year. I told him he definitely has a WINNER with that laminated birch Frogwood striker.  He was very appreciative of All the kind words and orders he received last year from the people on this site.

That`s for sure. It`ll be with me in the woods next year.

paboxcall

Based on the comments here, I have a weighted frogwood striker on order from Jeff. Anxious to add another of Jeff's to my striker collection. Pure turkey.  :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

rakkin6

Yeah just recieved my Bullfrog, Tulipwood and Walnut from him. So far I have the Frogwood, Bloodwood, Macassar Ebony, Weighted Hickory, bullfrog, tulipwood and Walnut. All are great the walnut is great on Slate, if you are looking for a striker for a slate call I recommend it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

paboxcall

Quote from: rakkin6 on July 11, 2020, 08:10:59 PM
Yeah just recieved my Bullfrog, Tulipwood and Walnut from him. So far I have the Frogwood, Bloodwood, Macassar Ebony, Weighted Hickory, bullfrog, tulipwood and Walnut. All are great the walnut is great on Slate, if you are looking for a striker for a slate call I recommend it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Agree on the walnut. I had a Tuscarora Legend walnut striker that ran slate like magic. Lost that during a fall turkey hunt, but since acquired one Jeff's heavy cedar, and it would be that walnut's equal. Love that cedar striker.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Tennessee Lead

Black locust is a great all around wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossberg90MN

I enjoy my walnut flared tip by Tom Teasers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

Where you all finding Jeff Harrisons contact info? might wanna give the old frogwood a test.
Don't gobble at me...

paboxcall

Quote from: Fullfan on July 12, 2020, 03:22:41 PM
Where you all finding Jeff Harrisons contact info? might wanna give the old frogwood a test.

You can message him here on OG, he goes by JLH.

bbcoach

Look up JLH strikers via internet.  Check his Facebook page.  Or his cell 301 514-7528.  Call or text him.

Fullfan

Would like to thank you guys for spending my money. Now have a Fowler Osage/Snakewood and a JLH Frogwood both on their way.  I now have visions of me crawling around in the woods after I lost one....
Don't gobble at me...

PalmettoRon

Walked 2 extra miles this Spring to locate one of Jeff's frogwood strikers. It was a sunny and cool day so it wasn't all bad. Luckily found it at the base of tree without much trouble.

Turkeytider

Quote from: Fullfan on July 13, 2020, 07:40:19 AM
Would like to thank you guys for spending my money. Now have a Fowler Osage/Snakewood and a JLH Frogwood both on their way.  I now have visions of me crawling around in the woods after I lost one....

That's two all world strikers. I have them both. Where on earth did you find the Fowler? You really don't need any more than those two IMO.

Fullfan

Quote from: Turkeytider on July 13, 2020, 10:09:59 PM
Quote from: Fullfan on July 13, 2020, 07:40:19 AM

That's two all world strikers. I have them both. Where on earth did you find the Fowler? You really don't need any more than those two IMO.

Well lets just say I guess I have a problem, I have 4 elk bugle tubes. Don't need 4 but it took that many for me to be able to every  vocalization a bull elk makes.
Don't gobble at me...

Tom007

Nothing wrong with back-ups for back-ups.  :funnyturkey:
"Solo hunter"