OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

One striker to carry forever

Started by ChesterCopperpot, June 26, 2020, 08:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I would be stuck between 4 and would not know which to chose, here they are in no particular order.
David Halloran Ipe
JLH Frogwood
Neal Herman's Dymondwood
Stuckey Tulipwood

I just started to use Perssimmon this year and am really liking those as well as Black Locust.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Terry

JLH Frogwood

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

rakkin6

Another vote for JLH Frogwood

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sixes

Turkeytider

Tail Feathers

Probably a birch laminate that a friend made for me.  It works on about everything.
I have a Tulipwood that works on 90% of surfaces that I've tried it on.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Big Jeremy

Of all of the ones that I have run, if I had to pick one it would be my Macassar ebony from Neal. I've yet to find a call that it doesn't make sound good.

Bullet1

Tom Threetoes

Pete Peters dymond wood flared tip. I've used it for 20 years or so. It works on nearly any call surface. I left it in the woods once and drove 140 miles round trip to retrive it.

Stickbow98

Just got one of JLH'S new "Bullfrog" strikers. It definitely talks turkey on every call I've ran it across so far! :z-winnersmiley:
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Tom Threetoes on June 29, 2020, 06:42:57 PM
Pete Peters dymond wood flared tip. I've used it for 20 years or so. It works on nearly any call surface. I left it in the woods once and drove 140 miles round trip to retrive it.
Now that's showing some LOVE.. :icon_thumright:

aaron

Anything dymondwood.   Also, make it a thin striker.   Love the realism from the dense woods.

trkehunr93

I'll take a hickory striker over most any.

bbcoach

I'm a pot call guy.  With that being said, I have plenty of different strikers from different call makers.  Since most have given HIGH praise for Jeff Harrison's Frogwood, I contacted Jeff a couple weeks ago and received one of his Emerald Isle Frogwood laminated birch strikers recently.  I put the striker through it's paces this week on slate, crystal, ceramic and aluminum and it performed flawlessly.  The sound was Great and the rollover was perfect, on all surfaces.  I called Jeff and talked turkey, golf and family for about 30 minutes on Wednesday night.  Great guy and GREAT striker.  I've found my new #1 striker.  So much so, another Frogwood is in the works.   

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: bbcoach on July 10, 2020, 06:43:43 PM
I'm a pot call guy.  With that being said, I have plenty of different strikers from different call makers.  Since most have given HIGH praise for Jeff Harrison's Frogwood, I contacted Jeff a couple weeks ago and received one of his Emerald Isle Frogwood laminated birch strikers recently.  I put the striker through it's paces this week on slate, crystal, ceramic and aluminum and it performed flawlessly.  The sound was Great and the rollover was perfect, on all surfaces.  I called Jeff and talked turkey, golf and family for about 30 minutes on Wednesday night.  Great guy and GREAT striker.  I've found my new #1 striker.  So much so, another Frogwood is in the works.   

I'm absolutely with you and that was the sole purpose of me posing the question: try to see what showed up more than any other with the hope being it was someone I didn't have. I didn't own any JLH strikers. I ordered one of his new bullfrog strikers and have been blown away by it. I'll be getting one of his regular frogwoods as well as one of his "dirty hickory" strikers.