OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New call: Trum-Bone - posted for Crow

Started by paboxcall, June 26, 2020, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Louie Armstrong gives it two thumbs up  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Spitten and drummen

I would love to get 2. I am in no hurry but would love to have a macaster by next spring if possible. Also I have 2 Platz and 2 Corder glass calls I would trade for one if anybody has one.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

crow

Quote from: davisd9 on June 27, 2020, 12:08:17 PM
Hopefully this one works better than others I have tried. I have blew and blew them with no sound!

A very common mistake is to use too much air, don't blow thru it like your trying to spit a wad of Redman  tobacco off the front porch,

use only enough air like your trying to get a chicken feather off the kitchen table

crow

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 27, 2020, 02:15:55 PM
I would love to get 2. I am in no hurry but would love to have a macaster by next spring if possible. Also I have 2 Platz and 2 Corder glass calls I would trade for one if anybody has one.

If you don't have a preference what country it comes from that will help speed up delivery.

McCaster from the Scottish bogs is not really more plentiful, it's just that the Irish can sometimes be difficult to deal with, I know this because my wife is Irish and can sometimes be more difficult to deal with.

Spitten and drummen

Dang! I was hoping I could get the Tazmanian mcCaster as I heard it sounds better and is prettier. I heard there was a bill passed about not being able to cut down Tazmanian McCaster trees so I was hoping I could get it before it became illegal.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

TerryLNanny

Just to clarify, aholes, I know there is no such thing as Mccaster from the Scottish bogs, but there is a wood called bog wood from the bogs.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

3bailey3

dang I had a bong back in the day that looked just like that...

crow

Quote from: TerryLNanny on June 27, 2020, 08:47:24 PM
Just to clarify, aholes, I know there is no such thing as Mccaster from the Scottish bogs, but there is a wood called bog wood from the bogs.

We know that  :TooFunny:

Spitten and drummen

Crow , can I change my moutpiece to a bogwood?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

crow

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 27, 2020, 11:25:19 PM
Crow , can I change my moutpiece to a bogwood?

No problem,

but with it being one of the lightest yet strongest woods available I expect it to be in demand with the growing trend of those ditching their turkey vests in favor of the lighter weight satchel crowd

P.S.     How much does that Platz call weigh?

Spitten and drummen

Roughly 8 ounces. It would be great to shed the additional 5 ounces. It would make a world of difference on a 100 yard hike.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

crow

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 29, 2020, 09:39:12 AM
Roughly 8 ounces. It would be great to shed the additional 5 ounces. It would make a world of difference on a 100 yard hike.

If you are serious about shedding that last stubborn 5 ounces, I have another yelper in the works,
"The Minimalist".

It is actually an old old design that I think the time is right to bring back to the forefront, it may be just the thing for those getting rid of their vest and satchel to lighten the load.

crow

Spitten and drummen

Man , I need to have a look. Is it available in ultra lite MaCaster?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

TerryLNanny

Spitting and Drumming, you ain't spelling it right. It's  McCaster !!!

The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.