OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Is Your Dip? I Am Switching

Started by silvestris, July 04, 2020, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngobbler

Here is another definition:
TERRORIST: a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: fallhnt on July 05, 2020, 08:42:26 AM
I was talking to a customer at work ,while working on his truck. I'm ashamed of the comments that I heard from my coworkers and the way he was treated.  On the flip side stop playing the victim.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Im assuming you work in a shop with a high percentage of whites and probably in a white neoghborhood that were making the comments? What if you pulled your vehicle into a shop with a high percentage of African Americans that worked in the shop in a darker neighborhood.?
Doesn't make it right,but you'd be treated the same way if not beat up.

ManfromGreenSwamp

There is NO replacement for Copenhagen snuff or their long cut version. The cheaper, imported, flavored varieties is replaceable with just about any other name brand. For the price, Stokers used to be okay though it has significantly less nicotine IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on July 05, 2020, 11:21:35 AM
There is NO replacement for Copenhagen snuff or their long cut version. The cheaper, imported, flavored varieties is replaceable with just about any other name brand. For the price, Stokers used to be okay though it has significantly less nicotine IMO

Agreed...Copenhagen has been my brand for decades. I like many enjoy it and it always has satisfied..Lol..Until now anyway. Now when I buy a can or grab a pinch I get to think part of my money is going somewhere I don't want it to.
I use to thought it was bad when I went to work and had politics I didn't believe in shoved down our throats so I quit and have my own business. Now I can't even have a relaxing chew anymore. I've wanted to quit for a long time. I guess this will give incentive.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on July 05, 2020, 11:40:40 AM
Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on July 05, 2020, 11:21:35 AM

Agreed...Copenhagen has been my brand for decades. I like many enjoy it and it always has satisfied..Lol..Until now anyway. Now when I buy a can or grab a pinch I get to think part of my money is going somewhere I don't want it to.
I use to thought it was bad when I went to work and had politics I didn't believe in shoved down our throats so I quit and have my own business. Now I can't even have a relaxing chew anymore. I've wanted to quit for a long time. I guess this will give incentive.
I understand.

On a side note,
Many states offer free tobacco quit assistance. You can get nicotine gum sent to your door for no charge, it helped me. The Copenhagen, as you know, is strong stuff...not that you can't, but no need for trying to stop cold turkey .
Try the gum.

-T.Farley

-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

The price here in Florida is stupid. We're currently over $8/can for Copenhagen.
If you're like me and go through a can/day, that's over $3,100/year. I enjoy it too ESPECIALLY chasing birds

-T.Farley

-B.Button

1iagobblergetter

It's closing in on $8 a can in Iowa. I quit for 6 years using Chantix. Should have never started again years ago,but did. Missed the heck out of it for the first couple of years. I guess probably the whole time beings I started up again. Quitting alcohol 26 years ago was nothing compared to tobacco.

TRG3

Organizations, etc. usually have a mission statement. Let me encourage you to Google "black lives matter mission statement" as a way of informing oneself of what the movement plans to accomplish.

Cowboy

Quote from: LaLongbeard on July 04, 2020, 06:14:40 PM
That's great of Copenhagen to donate 5$ million dollars seems to me though it be a lot cheaper if black people would stop committing crimes and then resisting arrest. I've never been shot, tased or had a cop sit on my neck, but then again I don't commit crimes sooo.

howl

Don't dip, but my favorite chew comes from Stoker's: Fred's Choice. I usually pick up a sack about squirrel season and finish it through turkey season. I don't generally chew the rest of the year. Something about riding dirt roads and listening to Jimmy Martin songs with a chew in just lets the stress go.

Hopefully Stoker's doesn't support racism as it practically doesn't exist outside groups who use it to their advantage like media, politicians and some minority groups. All this finger pointing over supposed racism serves only to divide us to keep us from fighting together.

1iagobblergetter

Email them and let them know your displeasure. That's what I did. Probably won't do any good,but at least I was able to vent.

trkehunr93

I'ved tried it all, copenhagen, skoal, grizzly, kodiak and timberwolf.  Dipped for a long time and the best kind I chose was to quit!  Cold turkey on November 9, 2014 and I haven't looked back. 

saltysenior

my friends up in S.C. and myself started to be concerned about chewing about 30 yrs ago...it was as common as breathing air....one fellow really researched it with help from Duke University and found out that dipping was 100 times worst than chewing.....over the yrs. we all stopped.....I gave up smoking (3 pks @day) cold turkey but started to chew a little , then a lot......really hard to quit and after 15 yrs,I still yen for a pinch of Levi Garrett..

shoer2

I dipped Copenhagen  for years but finally quit.i can get around camp with some of my buddys that dip and can smell it and still want a dip.guess I will just drink cold beer for now.