OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rare Billy Buice Turkey Box Call  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Rare Billy Buice Turkey Box Call
« on: June 17, 2020, 08:17:55 PM »
Saw this on ebay and thought some may be interested. Link below.

Rare Billy Buice Turkey Box Call.

Billy missigned this call. It is signed stripped Maple Box with Walnut Lid but the Lid is Zebra wood, I believe.

Caller was made in 2000, #5 !!!

The lid is #38

Picture tells the story.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Billy-Buice-Turkey-Box-Call/333627471538?hash=item4dadbf36b2:g:y18AAOSwBGJe6UHa
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Re: Rare Billy Buice Turkey Box Call
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 09:34:35 PM »
Wonder if Billy changed that paddle out after he signed it and shipped it, perhaps first owner wasn't happy with it. I had a long box where the maker changed the lid because of a squeak on one of the rails, and the description doesn't match the current wood combo.

Curious about this Billy box.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 09:44:41 PM »
Wonder if Billy changed that paddle out after he signed it and shipped it, perhaps first owner wasn't happy with it. I had a long box where the maker changed the lid because of a squeak on one of the rails, and the description doesn't match the current wood combo.

Curious about this Billy box.

I simply do not know my woods well enough to say, the one line reads "Billy missigned this call. It is signed stripped Maple Box with Walnut Lid but the Lid is Zebra wood, I believe."

It sounds like that is wrong as well though, that does not look like zebrawood to me, I always thought the grain was a bit tighter in zebra wood? Edit: Looking again is it possible the woods are written in reverse on this?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 12:50:05 AM »
Base sure looks like walnut. Maybe it was mismarked
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Online ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »
I know the seller well and and if he says its miss signed it is also he and Billy are friends so I'm sure they have talked about this.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 03:41:03 PM »
I know the seller well and and if he says its miss signed it is also he and Billy are friends so I'm sure they have talked about this.
Oh I am not saying it is not miss signed, I just thought that base looks very dark for maple and wondered if maybe that was the cause of the miss sign? Rereading it now though I see it says striped maple and that sure does look as though there are stripes in it.

All things said I really like the Albert Paul he has for sale, I have been wanting to get that combination but simply can not do it right now.

John Koenig: