OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fiddle envy

Started by paboxcall, June 25, 2020, 05:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Why is it I can't stop looking at pictures of Watkins's fiddle boxes? Short, long, misfit, I don't care.

And when you finally hold that first fiddle box in your hand, that's when it happens. Not sure exactly what "it" is, but "it" made me get on his list for another.

Yep, they look nice in the pictures. However pictures of fiddle boxes simply don't tell the whole story. Instead the pictures just tell you the first thousand words. And there is so much more to this little box than a thousand words once you get your hands on one.

Until the new misfit comes, I search and search and search to look at the fiddle box pictures here on OG.

Crazy stuff.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

boatpaddle

WELCOME to the addiction !!! 

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

paboxcall

Quote from: boatpaddle on June 25, 2020, 05:48:38 PM

Thanks, Z! You know you're partly to blame for all this! Like a candy man of turkey calls!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Mathews.1

I understand what your saying.

Sir-diealot

Amazing how easy they are to play. Love mine and want to get one of the shortboxes without the handle this August. IMG_0506 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

boatpaddle

Quote from: paboxcall on June 25, 2020, 05:53:29 PM

Thanks, Z! You know you're partly to blame for all this! Like a candy man of turkey calls!
Yes, I am....

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Swim-Bait

I'm far from an expert or anything, but Marlin's design, style, finish, etc; are pretty flawless if you ask me. Not too sure it can be improved upon. I like his style a lot. And sound and ease of use is incredible. I don't have much experience with him, but it's been top notch. The way he presents himself, impressed me. It's obvious he has a ton of knowledge, he loves what he does, knows he's good at it, very confident, and proud, but at no point; does it come off as cocky or being better than someone else. He's just a man that loves what he does and knows he builds a top notch call. I wouldn't mind if they were less money, but even there, when you get the call; you understand the price. I hope everyone gets to experience at least one of his calls. He is on another level.

tlh2865

Same story here, I've always been a box call guy and thought I could play them alright but the things I can do with a Watkins fiddle so easily are just crazy. They are players through and through

EZ

Quote from: paboxcall on June 25, 2020, 05:53:29 PM

Or the Pied Piper!!!!!! ;D