OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Don Marlin Watkins Fiddle Paddle  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Swim-Bait

Don Marlin Watkins Fiddle Paddle
« on: June 25, 2020, 05:35:52 AM »
WOW is all I can say! I contacted Don about a longbox call. He asked me a few questions, and the next day; sent me four sound files. All day, I went back and forth; trying to decide. I finally picked one and offered PayPal. Nope......check or money order. I sent the money order out this past Monday. I got the call yesterday!  ;D I don't even think he got paid yet! Unbelievable service. He was even shocked the call arrived so quickly. Aside from the call being so well made, the sound and ease of use is on another level. I picked out a White Limba box with a Granadillo lid. Being my first Watkins call, and never having played one; I wondered if it would be worth $260. After about five minutes, I truly feel it's worth every penny. I've only owned 7 box calls so far, but this Watkins is at the top. Very impressed with the whole process and end result. If you're on the fence, for whatever reason; don't be. Can't wait to use this thing in the field. On top of that, hearing Don talk about making calls, the details; you can hear the passion and love he has for call making.

Offline Mathews.1

• Longbeard
Re: Don Marlin Watkins Fiddle Paddle
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 06:12:18 AM »
Beautiful call. Congratulations

Offline Gobbler428

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Spurs Up
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 06:53:01 AM »
Great looking long box from a great gentleman and call maker. I am sure it is full of turkey and you will enjoy it for years to come. Congratulations on a fine box.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 10:04:46 AM »
Congratulations and I am glad you like it so much. His calls are great, have played a few and hope to get one more this year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »
I got a fiddle paddle from him this spring,,black limba also with a granadillo lid,,he called it world class sound.
He has some outstanding very select granadillo,,
If your looking to add another longbox call him up and see what paddles with granadillo on hand he sometimes has paddle calls ready made.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 05:37:09 PM »
Congrats! That is a stellar boat paddle call. I bet that thing is stuffed full of feathers.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 07:03:51 PM »
I agree about Mr. Watkins calls, the whole process is top notch.  My favorite part is the conversation about calls and turkey hunting that goes with picking one out.
Congrats on a killer.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 07:40:58 PM »
very nice looking call , Congrats.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 08:15:39 PM »
Awesome looking call.. I wish builders would take lesson form Marlin , on how to provide service to the buyers ..

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 01:24:31 PM »
Great looking call. I would love to hear it

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »
Awesome looking call.. I wish builders would take lesson form Marlin , on how to provide service to the buyers ..
Most call makers have a full time job, on top of making calls for people. It can get quite frustrating at times, you know, with working 8-10 hours a day plus call making every day after work.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 08:19:41 PM »
Beauty, good luck...
“Solo hunter”

Offline Gog1015

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 08:53:28 PM »
Marlin and TJ are top notch, their calls are world class and are very easy to play, the only problem is they are addictive, I want a new one everyday!

Offline Swim-Bait

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 02:04:42 AM »
Marlin and TJ are top notch, their calls are world class and are very easy to play, the only problem is they are addictive, I want a new one everyday!

Ain't that the truth! I'm on TJ's list. I'm not really a short box guy, but figure I need one good one. I'm also not a call collector. I'll buy a call. If I like it and will use it, I keep it. If I don't, I'll sell it. I've sold some good popular calls, that just didn't fit me. There are a couple long box calls I want. I started thinking today. The two of them combined, are the same price as a paddle fiddle from Marlin. I'd probably be smart to get another call from Marlin.  :TooFunny:

Offline Swim-Bait

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 05:43:26 PM »
Contacted Marlin about a Canarywood over Butternut call he has, for softer calling. Think I'm gonna be set for hunting longboxes, unless something really calls to me. Marlin has been really good to deal with. Very honest man. Doesn't try to sell you anything you don't need. Really appreciate his business skills. If you don't own one, check him out. Save up if you have to. They're worth every penny.  He'll get you a call you can't wait to hunt with.