OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SS Short Boxes for sale

Started by SS Calls, June 24, 2020, 05:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btomlin

Quote from: SS Calls on June 24, 2020, 06:07:38 PM
Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 24, 2020, 05:59:48 PM
Very good price on a great checkered call and great job on the pictures. I agree wholeheartedly on the special orders, I'm planning on ending that also.

Appreciate it Mike!! The problem as I'm sure you already know is one batch of wood will make killer calls, and then you order more and it bites! LOL  Then you're in the position to have to try to make a call work from that wood, or spend more money chancing another order will be good. Takes all the fun out of it, and turns it into stress!  :character0029:

Good info.  I guess I assumed "most" woods were fairly consistent.  I guess the only thing I do know is that You and Mike both make killer calls.   :you_rock:

SS Calls

Quote from: btomlin on June 26, 2020, 12:07:26 PM
Quote from: SS Calls on June 24, 2020, 06:07:38 PM
Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 24, 2020, 05:59:48 PM
Very good price on a great checkered call and great job on the pictures. I agree wholeheartedly on the special orders, I'm planning on ending that also.

Appreciate it Mike!! The problem as I'm sure you already know is one batch of wood will make killer calls, and then you order more and it bites! LOL  Then you're in the position to have to try to make a call work from that wood, or spend more money chancing another order will be good. Takes all the fun out of it, and turns it into stress!  :character0029:

Good info.  I guess I assumed "most" woods were fairly consistent.  I guess the only thing I do know is that You and Mike both make killer calls.   :you_rock:

Thanks, I appreciate that! :icon_thumright:

Sir-diealot

Realize I forgot to say what nice looking boxes are there. I have one of your scratch boxes that I like quite a bit.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SS Calls

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 26, 2020, 05:03:00 PM
Realize I forgot to say what nice looking boxes are there. I have one of your scratch boxes that I like quite a bit.

Thank you!  :icon_thumright:

Turkeytider

Al, are you and Josh still making what you`ve called your  " Field Grade " short boxes? I have one from you that`s walnut/poplar, plays a lower pitched, raspier yelp on one side and a higher, cleaner yelp ( young hen ) on the other. If there was/is a better quality/price class of box on the market, I`m not sure what it would be.

SS Calls

Quote from: Turkeytider on June 27, 2020, 09:48:40 AM
Al, are you and Josh still making what you`ve called your  " Field Grade " short boxes? I have one from you that`s walnut/poplar, plays a lower pitched, raspier yelp on one side and a higher, cleaner yelp ( young hen ) on the other. If there was/is a better quality/price class of box on the market, I`m not sure what it would be.

Yes Sir, we plan to make some down the road. It's hard for us to keep every kind of call on the site, but yes we'll have some field boxes as soon as we get some of the other types finished. Appreciate the nice words!