turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

remington 870

Started by captfire, June 21, 2020, 02:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captfire

HI EVERY ONE I JUST GOT A REMINGTON 870 20 GA. WITH A 21 INCH BARREL I'AM WANTING TO MAKE IT INTO A TURKEY GUN . I WILL BE USEING TSS IF I CAN FINED THEM IF NOT IT WILL BE LONG BEARDS IN #6 SHOT WHAT CHOKE DO YOU'ALL THING I NEED TO MAKE THIS A TURKEY KILLER ?

turkeymanjim

Sumtoy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Want it right as possible Indian creek 555, solid hunting patterns carlsons 570 or 575.  Cheap Primos tightwad is worth a look too.

This applies to TSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tracker#1

Sumtoy .562 or IC .555 for chokes, Apex, or Foxtrot ammunition or you could roll your own. LB's #6, good choice if not shooting TSS. Keep in mind. No gun shoot's the same...

High plains drifter

West Augusta

I've also got an Indian Creek .555 in mine.  Solid turkey hammer.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

KeyDett

Sumtoy .562

bbcoach

Excellent choice!  Federal TSS is on sale at Midway and Natchez now.  Go with #9's if your state allows the smaller shot.

Nathan_Wiles

I swapped out the stock for the sure shot thumbhole, added a truglo set with ghost ring rear screwed a pure gold turkey tube in the barrel and after few rounds of #9 tss I had myself a 40 yard Turkey killer. Its light and easy on the shoulder. Dont expect legendary patterns with the short barrel but it flat stop a tom and tip him over stiff legged.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

Jim

Greg Massey

ncmountainfella

Got the Carlson choke made for the Long beard ammo. Paired it with #5  Long beard. Made it a 40 yard 20 gauge. My son killed both his first turkeys at around the 40 yard mark. Great choke/ shell combo.

rakkin6

I have Indian creeks in all three of my guns and have no complaints.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Huckleberry91

My buddy has a jebs in his Mossy and likes it. I've got an IC .665 in my stoeger and I really like it. Both are solid company's. Both throw crazy tight patterns. He shoots LB's and I'm shooting Fed TSS.

Yelper

I'm shooting a Carlson 575 choke and ninja TSS 8 1/2 shot. It just depends on how tight you want your pattern on what choke you get. My opinion is to get your hand on a 565, a 570 and a 575 and see what works best in your gun.