OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: Decided to test the shoulder today  (Read 82 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2020 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Decided to test the shoulder today
« on: June 20, 2020, 01:09:41 PM »
It has been just over a year since my second shoulder surgery on my left should (June 7 2019) I bought the Fred Bear video library and I guess watching it kind of motivated me to see how I would do drawing my bow which is at about 63# @29" and I did much better drawing it back than I thought I would, got it back with little pain. Letting it down did not feel to keen but it gives me some hope for this year. Oh I am shooting a PSE Carrea I got before my car accident in 2001 I do want to go down to a 45-55 lb. bow though still. Not sure my bow is worth much in trade even if it has not had near the use the age suggests it would have had.

Now I want to try to get a string for my old Ben Pearson Cougar which is a recurve and see how I do with that.

GEDC1745 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

GEDC1749 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

GEDC1753 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger