OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Primos "Shadow Horse" blind?  (Read 3425 times)

Offline IAGobbler87

Primos "Shadow Horse" blind?
« on: April 27, 2019, 12:30:03 PM »
My girlfriend and I have started bowhunting turkeys this year, and a buddy of mine let us borrow his ground blind for it. Not a big fan of the blind, but it works. We've been talking about getting a different blind for next year and came across the primos double bull shadow horse at $50-60 less than a double bull deluxe. I'm not finding much info on them other than they're 5" less hub to hub than a deluxe.  Anyone have one/hunted out of one?  Experiences? Pros/cons?

Thanks,
Adam

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
Re: Primos "Shadow Horse" blind?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 07:59:07 PM »
Are you talking the old "Dark Horse"? I think now called the BullPen and the "new" Deluxe is the old Double Wide.

If so there are a few differences from size, entry and more. For the $50 difference I'd have that Deluxe, if you are not needing to buy right now watch Primos's Web Page for them running a rebate this coming late summer/early fall and can find them on sale and a Primos rebate to boot. I hunt a lot of kids, newbies, bow hunts and filming from mine and that little bit extra in room make a big difference.

MK M GOBL

Offline IAGobbler87

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/primos-shadow-horse-ground-blind_2

It might just be a Rogers "exclusive" blind, can't find it anywhere else. I've been in a deluxe a few times calling for a buddy while bowhunting turkeys, and it's awesome. The deluxe is what I've been looking at for her and I for that reason and a lot of recommendations/praise for the deluxe. I'll most likely go with the deluxe when it's on sale with a rebate! I was curious if anyone had experience with the "shadow horse"

Thanks

Offline Reaper

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 10:40:39 PM »
Been hunting turkeys and deer out of a Deluxe since they came out!  Perfect blind - easy to set-up and take down, plenty of room, silent entry/exit, easy window adjustment, etc.

I’ve hunted out of a bunch of different blinds - Deluxe is my favorite!  Rhino makes a decent blind too. It I can’t remember the name off the top of my head.