OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Old Jellyhead Chokes?  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
Old Jellyhead Chokes?
« on: June 20, 2020, 08:36:11 AM »
Does anyone know when Primos first came out with the Jellyhead? Three years ago an 870 Super Mag I bought as a dedicated turkey gun came with a choke that only had " Primos, Rem, .660 " on it. No model name. That particular variant of the 870 was manufactured from 2005 through 2007. Fine choke as far as performance is concerned. Just wondering if it`s a very early Jellyhead.

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
Re: Old Jellyhead Chokes?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
I’m gonna say they came out in 2005. I got a tube that year for my super black eagle 2 to compare against my comp n choke tube and I got a jelly head. Great tube.

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 09:57:57 AM »
I’m gonna say they came out in 2005. I got a tube that year for my super black eagle 2 to compare against my comp n choke tube and I got a jelly head. Great tube.
I think that's about the right time period.  I bought one to try in my Benelli SBE I when Primos first marketed them.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 10:18:26 AM »
They pattern real well with certain Nitro loads. They make specific loads for the Jelly head. Great tube
“Solo hunter”

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:37:50 PM »
Thanks guys. 99% sure that it`s a very early Jellyhead.