OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Having a barrel cut and threaded

Started by JMalin, June 18, 2020, 07:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMalin

Is this doable?  Would there be enough material in the barrel to cut new threads.  I'd opt just to buy a shorter barrel, but my gun is cerakoted and for that reason, I'd prefer to keep my current barrel.

Which Gun

ChesterCopperpot

Depends on the gun, but in most cases probably doable. I'd call a really good gunsmith. Other nice thing about cutting and threading a barrel, particularly if it was a fixed choke, is you can choose the threading. So for instance I've got a buddy put Benelli Mobil threads in an old Winchester Model 12 because he already had good money into mobil chokes. If you need a good gunsmith to call let me know. I've got a turkey nut friend who's been a professional gunsmith since the early 80s. He cuts and rethreads a lot of barrels.

SumToy

It has to do with the OD of the barrel.   Most can be did.    We do it and Mike Orlan is another one that does it. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Longshanks

Have had 3 Remington barrels done with CT-1 Hastings Threads. (Tru Choke).  Several companies provide those chokes Indian Creek, Kicks etc

ShootingABN!

Quote from: SumToy on June 19, 2020, 09:10:20 AM
It has to do with the OD of the barrel.   Most can be did.    We do it and Mike Orlan is another one that does it.

Highly recommended. SumToy is awesome to deal with, great customer service.