turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS ammo manufacturers

Started by bigbird, June 18, 2020, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I been seeing posts about a guy named Hal. Who is he ? I'm clueless I guess, I don't know who it is.

Dtrkyman

He is a member here and maybe the first to really test and develop tss loads.

You can buy shot from him and he will give you load data to load your own shells, he does not sell finished shells.

I bought from him and use his loads for the past 4 seasons, great guy and very helpful when starting out loading your own.

If you want to buy finished ammo look at fox trot. 

bigbird

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Hal Abbott is the forefather off TSS in the United States.  He was significantly ahead of his time with load development and he is responsible for the popularization of subgauge shotgun use in turkey hunting.

For a long time. Hal sold shot and he still does but he has started a new venture with several business partners called Tungsten Super Slam Shot (TSSshot) providing commercially made shells for turkey and waterfowl hunting applications.

They just started the business this spring and their shells produced exceptional patterns.

Their website is www.tssshot.com and their ammo is competitively priced.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on June 18, 2020, 12:10:08 PM
Hal Abbott is the forefather off TSS in the United States.  He was significantly ahead of his time with load development and he is responsible for the popularization of subgauge shotgun use in turkey hunting.

For a long time. Hal sold shot and he still does but he has started a new venture with several business partners cales Tungsten Super Slam Shot (TSSshot) providing commercially made shells for turkey and waterfowl hunting applications.

They just started the business this spring and their shells produced exceptional patterns.

Their website is www.tssshot.com and their ammo is competitively priced.
Tagging this thread, much rather support Hal then other current options

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dtrkyman

Didn't realize Hal was making ammo, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbird

I just checked it out. I can't shoot 9's here in Indiana and that's the only size I saw available in both 12-20 gauge shells. But he is about the same if not exactly the same price as apex ammo

paboxcall

Try Foxtrot Ammo for TSS. If I wasn't set up for handloads, I'd be patronizing Brice at Foxtrot:

https://foxtrotammo.com/collections/all
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Gooserbat

I load my own but I second PA and if I didn't I'd shoot Fox Trot.  That Tennessee twister 12 ga load is bad medicine.  It's pretty much the same as I load myself.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Jstocks

Not only does Brice sell good ammo, he's very helpful and answers questions in a reasonable time.

Boykin Hollow

I purchase my shot from Hal and loan my own.  It is just something special to bag an old tom with a shell that you loaded yourself.

3bailey3

any one try any of these two new companies 20 gauge loads, I saw that foxtrot was sold out.

Southerngobbler

Can you buy the TSS raw shot off Hals web site. I couldn't find any, only pre made shells?

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 18, 2020, 06:33:51 PM
I load my own but I second PA and if I didn't I'd shoot Fox Trot.  That Tennessee twister 12 ga load is bad medicine.  It's pretty much the same as I load myself.

I'm also a fan of the Foxtrot Twisters, here's a victim of the Mini Twister.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Mossberg90MN

I haven't purchased any ammo from Brice as of yet, I plan to this summer. But he has been very helpful to me with other set up stuff. Good dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk