OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Buice  (Read 8108 times)

Online Bedge7767

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Buice
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2020, 07:32:21 AM »
$800.+

Looks like Mr Bob was right.

Yep, a bit surprising since the last few flat tops on there were in better condition and went for the $550-650 range.  Makes you wonder why this one shot to the price point.  Regardless, a great call to have that I hope is hunted and not put on a shelf.

For that much money I bet it's just going to the shelf.  >:(
Jim

Offline GobbleGitr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2020, 09:28:17 AM »
Have one of his older trumpets and hope my daughter continues to take it afield long after I'm gone

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2020, 09:50:44 AM »
$800.+

Yep, a bit surprising since the last few flat tops on there were in better condition and went for the $550-650 range.  Makes you wonder why this one shot to the price point.  Regardless, a great call to have that I hope is hunted and not put on a shelf.
Think it could be because its cocobolo, and he doesn't turn it anymore?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2020, 09:56:31 AM »
$800.+

I agree. I suspect it would do well because it was an earlier style + coco. It was a cool looking horn.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2020, 10:07:29 AM »
$800.+

A lot of the flat tops are Cocobolo.  He turned a lot of cocobolo when he used it and so in a flat top it is not as rare as one would think.  Biggest thing is flat tops in general are hard to get and that one seems to be one of the earlier ones made so I would think that has more to do with it than cocobolo.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2020, 11:19:07 AM »
Very early before he started signing them. cocobolo, bell thinned with a knife, flat top has everything going for it.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2020, 11:34:50 AM »
Very early before he started signing them. cocobolo, bell thinned with a knife, flat top has everything going for it.

Thanks for that information. I was wondering about the signing. I thought it was pre-signing but was not sure as it looked well used.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2020, 01:03:26 PM »
Really not that high for a call from a call maker that has been doing it for 50 years when you see what others are paying for calls from call makers that have been doing it for a a lot less time.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2020, 01:17:28 PM »
Really not that high for a call from a call maker that has been doing it for 50 years when you see what others are paying for calls from call makers that have been doing it for a a lot less time.
Agreed, I think the price is worth it. Just did not have all my details and appreciate those more knowledge willing to share.

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »
Thanks for the information!

Online Bedge7767

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2020, 06:43:40 PM »
Over a grand with 2 hours to go.
Jim

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2020, 07:38:56 PM »
Could it go for $800, yes absolutely, but I think $550-$650 is more likely.  Always depends on the bidders.
I think you're right with it topping out around $650.
I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Holy smokes as I wrong!

I guess the right bidders were present, this thing might be double what I thought it'd end up before this things over.

Offline greentag

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »
I talked to billy the other day when it was at 570.....he said the way it sounded it is probably early 80’s and that it may even get to around 800......he said he spends most his time tuning them and he still tunes them like that but he has perfected the way he does it over the years and he tries to finish the inside of the bell a little better than he did back in those days....but any push in mouth piece should fit it right today..

Offline greentag

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2020, 07:56:41 PM »
I would live to have it but can’t afford that,it’s going to be crazy to see that finally seconds and see what it brings.....I would like to have got it for about 400...????

Online Bedge7767

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2020, 07:57:51 PM »
I would live to have it but can’t afford that,it’s going to be crazy to see that finally seconds and see what it brings.....I would like to have got it for about 400...????

I bid it up to 450 then I quit.
Jim