OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington 870 TSS 410  (Read 6489 times)

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Remington 870 TSS 410
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
You will enjoy hunting with that 410 .. nice looking gun

schief

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2020, 07:56:18 AM »

Here’s pictures of the gun.
These were 25 yards with the Federal TSS

Bubba

I bought one yesterday but mine is Mossy Oak Breakup. Did you put the finer optic rear sight on it. I haven't looked at mine yet. I am going to shoot it with factory choke but will probably get a Sumtoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 09:33:17 AM »
That was exactly how it came out of the box. Bubba

schief

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »
That was exactly how it came out of the box. Bubba
Guess I should have looked at mine instead of putting in gun cabinet Mine has same sight. I thought I would mount a FFIII on rail. Think I will shoot with these sights and see how I like them. 78 years has taken a lot of my eye sight. Did you try choke that came with it?

schief

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 02:14:03 PM »
Bubba what is the camo on that gun. First time I've seen it. Mine is according to book is Mossy Oak NWTF Obession

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2020, 04:31:04 PM »
It’s the Real Tree Timber. I’m 60 and I’ve always have been nearsighted so now when I wear glasses or contacts my close vision is blurry. I didn’t really mind this sight much. It shot pretty straight right out of the box. I used the choke that came with it. I’m going to mess around with it some more. Bubba

schief

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »
Got me a Sumtoy choke for mine. Need to pattern it. Been to hot here

Offline longislandloco

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 11:58:13 AM »
I'm in my 70's, I just got my 870 Turkey, surprised by how smooth the action is out of the box, I like the sights, tried a few clays and did well with it, need to pattern it next, just playing around with some ground targets. The only issue was when cleaning one of the shell stops was not steaked into the receiver, the left one, made betting the trigger group back in like working on a Mossberg, two extra fingers would have helped, I don't think this issue warrants sending it back to Remington.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun"…..Old Moe

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2020, 07:49:52 AM »
Got me a Sumtoy choke for mine. Need to pattern it. Been to hot here

Let me know how it does. Bubba

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2020, 07:53:58 AM »
I'm in my 70's, I just got my 870 Turkey, surprised by how smooth the action is out of the box, I like the sights, tried a few clays and did well with it, need to pattern it next, just playing around with some ground targets. The only issue was when cleaning one of the shell stops was not steaked into the receiver, the left one, made betting the trigger group back in like working on a Mossberg, two extra fingers would have helped, I don't think this issue warrants sending it back to Remington.

Let me know how it doe's. I have the annual big Dove hunt next month and thinking about bringing it to try out. Although the birds on this field fly pretty high so it might be tough.
You know I was having a really tough time getting my trigger group back in after taking it out. I bet that's my problem too. Any of you others have this problem? Bubba

Offline longislandloco

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2020, 03:35:38 PM »

Let me know how it doe's. I have the annual big Dove hunt next month and thinking about bringing it to try out. Although the birds on this field fly pretty high so it might be tough.
You know I was having a really tough time getting my trigger group back in after taking it out. I bet that's my problem too. Any of you others have this problem? Bubba

Hi CheifBubba........Tried at the pattern board with Federal 3" #6, 11/16 oz. load, all I had on hand, the factory choke is Full, a new tube will be added, not to shabby, a good 35 yard gun with this load, will try with TSS later in the week. When I tried the gun on clays with the TruGlo sights still attached it did pretty well after a few shots once I got the feel of the gun, might be a bit slow for dove with the turkey sights. The factory rail is easy to remove as is the front sight, seems the front sight hole is tapped so you could add a lower TruGlo front sight for more versatility.

As far as the trigger group is concerned..........when I clean in the future I'll just clean the barrel, slide out the bolt and slide and leave the trigger group in til it gets real dirty, at my age maybe never again, LOL. Pop's old Browning A5 never had the group out in more the 60 years!
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun"…..Old Moe