OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Albert Paul cherry over cedar short box

Started by ChesterCopperpot, June 10, 2020, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Had Albert Paul make me this cherry over cedar short box. Don't seem to see that combo a whole lot. Sounds fantastic. Red cedar from Shelby County, TN; Cherry from Gene Miller's farm near Delta, AL.

USMC0331

Very nice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Nice looking call, like those horizontal lines on the box.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Beards and Hooks

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

3bailey3

Spring Creek Calls

That's a great looking box call from a very good callmaker. Not sure that I've ever seen one in that wood combination. 
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

EZ

A great call from one of the legends and a great gentleman.

mspaci

The cherry from mine is also from Gene Millers farm, cool. Cherry over poplar. Mike

ChesterCopperpot

I ain't real good on a box, but this should give you an idea of sound. I like that the rollover's a bit more subtle and not as steep as some of my other boxes. Has some rasp but not overwhelming. I asked him to make it cherry over cedar just because you don't see that combo much, especially not in Cost style boxes. Occasionally I've seen some half-moons in that combo, but still not often. Anyhow, I think it sounds pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3km4DhVoiPM

larry9988

Please do not take offense to what I am about to say, because I think that box has a very desirable sound, but that is a great sounding jake-gobbler box. I have 100% easterns that I have had for three years, and that sounds just like my gobblers when they yelp. I would love to have a box that sounds like that one. It could make an old gobbler very jealous.

Greg Massey

Quote from: larry9988 on June 11, 2020, 09:58:03 PM
Please do not take offense to what I am about to say, because I think that box has a very desirable sound, but that is a great sounding jake-gobbler box. I have 100% easterns that I have had for three years, and that sounds just like my gobblers when they yelp. I would love to have a box that sounds like that one. It could make an old gobbler very jealous.
X2 ..  i have to agree with you .. Jake sound for sure .. awesome box in my opinion ...

Brantleyville

I agree. That dog will hunt. Get ready to kill some turkey's with that combo.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: larry9988 on June 11, 2020, 09:58:03 PM

Certainly not taking offense. I think you're right. Is it the lack of high end and the shallow rollover? That's what makes me think jake or gobbler.