OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Started by Duke0002, May 17, 2011, 12:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit'" (Acts 7:59).

Maybe the children in Jesus' time said a simple bedtime prayer much like our "Now I lay me down to sleep..."  It could have been a psalm verse like this one, "Into Your hands I commit my spirit" (Psalm 31:5).   Whatever the case, we trust that the Lord will keep us safe while we sleep.

The words of that psalm (31:5) was the last thing Jesus spoke before dying on the cross: "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit" (Luke 23:46).   In taking on the world's sin, Jesus had perfectly fulfilled His Father's plan of salvation.  Now the work was finished and Jesus yielded His spirit to His Father, confident He would be safe again in His Father's hands.

Shortly after Jesus' resurrection and ascension into heaven, Stephen died for having proclaimed Jesus as the Savior of all humanity.  Stones rained down on Stephen's body as he called on Jesus to receive his spirit.

Learning from Stephen's example, we followers of Jesus can trust our entire selves to the Lord, even when we fall asleep in death.  We are safe in the hands of Jesus, who died for us and now lives for us.

Such great comfort and assurance is ours in Jesus!   We are safe in His hands whether we live or die.

-Dale

mmims

We will all face that day, to have that confidence is indeed Faith!

Thanks Dale

Roostem33

Thats just good stuff there Dale! Thanks!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Amen!! Thank you Lord for your protection we have seen, and for those unseen.

God Bless,
David B.

Roost Wrecker

That is very true thank you lord!