OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gary Herd scratch box  (Read 2959 times)

Offline MattM

Gary Herd scratch box
« on: June 06, 2020, 01:13:20 PM »
I got one of Gary Herd's scratch boxes the other day. Good sounding call,and he sells them for a very good price.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Gary Herd scratch box
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 03:38:27 PM »
Got a picture

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline MattM

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 04:09:02 PM »
Got a picture

Here is his website  https://tom-turkey.com/products

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 04:10:30 PM »
That's a unique design with the handle

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline MattM

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
Takes a little practice,but once you get the hang it you can make some good turkey sounds.

Online Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 05:14:07 PM »
Thank you for the heads up I just ordered one today from Gary and looking forward to trying it out looks neat. I have a Wendell Jolley scratch tube that is kind of like that and I like but if I had any clue would have mentioned I was a lefty if Mr. Jolley made a left handed version, so this shouo he fun to try out. Gary is a real nice guy to chat with as well.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 07:45:59 PM »
Thank you for the heads up I just ordered one today from Gary and looking forward to trying it out looks neat. I have a Wendell Jolley scratch tube that is kind of like that and I like but if I had any clue would have mentioned I was a lefty if Mr. Jolley made a left handed version, so this shouo he fun to try out. Gary is a real nice guy to chat with as well.
He makes a good scratch box. They are neat with the handle on them. I bought both of mine about 10yrs ago from him. Glad to hear he's still going strong..

Online Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 09:20:38 PM »
He makes a good scratch box. They are neat with the handle on them. I bought both of mine about 10yrs ago from him. Glad to hear he's still going strong..
Yap still going strong bud, we must of been on the phone for an hour and a half, sounds like a real good guy that really appreciates life and has a positive outlook.

Offline larry9988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 10:03:51 PM »
Gary Herd is a great guy!