OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Stoeger M3020  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Neill_Prater

• The Boss Gobbler
New Stoeger M3020
« on: June 07, 2020, 09:54:48 AM »
Well, pulled the trigger, figuratively, on a 20 gauge yesterday. After some research I found out Stoeger is producing an M3020 which checked most of the boxes of what I was looking for, item number 31871, and that Cherokee Firearms in Springfield,  MO had one in stock, so I just had to run down and tote it home!

Gun is fully camouflaged, Mossy Oak Obsession, with a 24 inch barrel rather than their standard 26. Still a bit longer than I prefer, but not a deal breaker. Comes with only the extra full turkey choke tube. Stock has an attachment point for a sling, which might be universal for the entire line, not sure, and a decent recoil pad.

The receiver is drilled and tapped. The factory installed sights wouldn't work for me, kind of a ghost ring, adjustable, aperture on the rear and a fiber optic pipe front sight attached to a way too busy mount with protective "wings". Might suit a younger guy with younger eyes just fine. Anyway, that's why they make screwdrivers. I will install a red dot of some kind, probably a Vortex Strikefire II like I have on my 1187 which I am happy with, and really like the green dot option. Much easier for me to see in bright sunlight.

Biggest selling point for me is the weight, only 5.5 lbs, which I believe makes it one of the lightest autoloaders available. List price is $649, purchase price was $615.

My only major gripe is no Steadygrip (pistol grip) stock. I have one on my Stoeger  M3000 12, as well as my 1187 and hate to give that up, but I have been in contact with Stoeger lamenting that fact, and, hopefully someone will listen and they will produce one in the future, along with making them available for retrofitting.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: New Stoeger M3020
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 07:34:26 PM »
Nice looking gun.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 07:44:42 PM »
I too have an M3020 except it has the 26" bbl.,in new bottomland camo and has a rib. I put a Limbsaver model #10823 airtech recoil pad on it and it takes alot of the "sting" out of those fast TSS loads. I too almost got this model but the front post being soldered on was a no go for me. CONGRATULATIONS on a great gun!!!

Offline Gentry

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 08:31:49 AM »
Are those sights removable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 06:52:02 PM »
Are those sights removable?

The rear ghost ring sight is removable but there is a big hole under in-between the tap holes. Far as the front a buddy of mine took the post off and had a gunsmith grind down the base of it ,and from what he tells me it's soldered on but can be removed with heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 10:31:11 AM »
you will like the gun
I have the 26" rib barrel model, had it for 4 yrs now, really like it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 04:43:26 PM »
Looks real nice...
“Solo hunter”

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 11:03:46 AM »
If I were transitioning from a 12 to a 20, would definitely be one I would be strongly considering . My buddy has one and likes it. I would personally like a bit shorter barrel.

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 06:28:38 PM »
You will really like that 20 ga.