OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning 12 gauge 3 1/2" "NWTF"  (Read 4253 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Re: Browning 12 gauge 3 1/2" "NWTF"
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2021, 02:10:09 PM »
I went and tried to pattern,I took 4 of my guns, two of them,I just wanted to make sure they were still on from last spring and the bps 3.5" I tested the jebs .655 with #6 longbeards and I fired long beard 5-6's in 3" from the semi and a tss #7. I did have cardboard up behind but with the wind howling and blowing it down,slipping around in mud. I only grabbed targets and took a few pics at home.

I will be shooting #6 long beard 3.5" from the jebs .655, or my .675 kicks gobbilin thunder and #5 long beard  in 3.5' like I have for 20 some kills.That gun is ready for spring.

As for the new Browning silver 3" NWTF, It likes #5 and 6's in Long beard 3" at 40 yards and I touched a Tss #7 off from further distances than we speak of and was more than happy. I will however be taking gun back to fine tune on a bench with scope.

I shot all my targets from a turkey chair and I always range find my yardage. It was nice to get out and fire a few shells today, I will be back at it next Saturday. To be fair,Its cold,windy and the ground was a mess and I was covered in mud after the adventure as I am also training two lab pups to retrieve and hunt,and making sure they like the guns.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 02:20:51 PM by The Heartbreak Kid....... »
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2021, 02:12:33 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2021, 02:24:14 PM »
The pictures suck, so be it. I am still not sold on the scope on the new semi.I like the circle plex from Bushnell. I am thinking of using a set of truflo fibers I put on it with the peep sight like I have on a handful of guns,including my bps. I just like them better.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
I finally got my sling in yesterday, and seeing as I had the reflex sight here and purchased a couple new bases, I went ahead and mounted the bushnell 1x (5 moa) on the new base last night. It took me 2 target loads and then 2 3.5" lb 5"s to be dead on at 40 yards.I didn't take any pic as I really only added the red dot and didn't change choke or shell.   

I tried the jebs .655 I bought, won't be using it for any of my Browning's or Winchesters.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 03:12:36 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 03:13:59 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2021, 03:14:31 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2022, 11:34:40 AM »
I decided that even though I barely have any issues yet with my duratouch, too email Browning Canada after duck hunting with a good friend last fall and seeing his bps basically a gooey mess and we bought our guns at the same place within 2 weeks. I had my replacement stock and forend, in Mossy oak break up country along with the nwtf emblem on stock at my house within 3 days. I have another replacement set on the way for my other bps as well. I couldn't ask for any better cs from Browning. You can barely tell the difference in camo pattern.When I start having issues,I will retire my original stock and forend and hang my stock up with my turkey beards,fans & mounts etc.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2022, 05:53:40 AM »
I'll be sending the bps in to be dipped by Browning first week of june, along with another of the same gun that is having duratouch issues. My gun now has basically become a goo the last year after 10 years of being fine. I put the new stock and forend on last night, and I had to file the bps rail down to attach a vortex venom, I'll be patterning some new shells Saturday after our morning hunt and I have decided to use just 12 & 10 gauges for my season this year,the 20's can rest. I still prefer the 12's(10's) over the sub gauges.I always will.

This is my favorite hunting shotgun and I am going to try and ad a few more kills with it before It goes in for a total make over, Browning Canada has been great to deal with and I'll be without gun for 3 months while It is getting dipped. I rarely use it for anything but hunting longbeards so I am ok with that.

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2022, 12:15:04 AM »
I too like the BIG BORES!!! 10'S & 12'S. But I totally understand what folks see in the sub-gauges.  And I really respect that.  What I do not understand is why the same people will tell you that "It's over-kill", HUH??? Absolutely no such thing as over kill!!!
The end result is the same!!! I want to use the most that I can, shot-wise.
With that said, I do have a 28 gauge that I will be setting up for the next season.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.