OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Few tube questions  (Read 2214 times)

Offline milertyme03

Few tube questions
« on: June 02, 2020, 11:01:57 AM »
I'm looking to buy a custom tube for turkey.  I currently run the Quaker boy tubes and I have had a lot of luck with those.  If I get a custom tube, what type or brand would be an easy transition?  Also, where can I get the white Quaker boy latex or what size is it?  If u buy from qb it is 10 dollars for 5 pieces.

Lastly, if I get a custom call how do you properly stretch the latex?  The qb ones kind of just stretch when the lid goes on.  Thanks

Offline turkeymanjim

Re: Few tube questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 11:17:59 AM »
There is a guy on oldgobbler that goes by Scpossum, you can reach him on the tube call forum.  He makes great custom made acrylic tube calls. Send him a PM and he will fix you up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 02:45:36 PM »
 X2 for Scpossum. I have several of his excellent calls. I've purchased from several call makers on here, good people and never a problem. Get latex from your dentist, tell him you hunt turkeys and want latex dental dams. Tuning? Practice, practice, practice.

Offline Scpossum

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:36:28 PM »
Milertyme03, PM me your email and I will send you a short video on how I put the latex on. 

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 03:22:02 AM »
My 2 favorites are Matt McClain with a slate lip rest, why it doesn't dry out and cause problems I don't know and Ron Clough's Tower of Power . both do everything a turkey can do when someone runs them like they are supposed to be run . Both are completely different , from one end of the spectrum in design but they do the job for me .

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:16:18 AM »
all good optioms, I like to run a Morgan style call too, Mike