OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sight mounting on a sxs??

Started by Kygobblergetter, May 31, 2020, 06:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kygobblergetter

I'm thinking about getting a cz bobwhite g2 and setting it up for turkey hunting. It doesn't appear to have a vent rib where I could mount something like a meadow creek mount so does anybody have any experience or ideas how to mount a fast fire sight on one? I could shoot bead but I've really grown to like having the Burris on my turkey guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC0331

Sumtoy most likley can fix you right up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rakkin6

Are you able to mount the speed bead where the stock meets the receiver?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

This is what it looks like

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Wish I could be more help just not super familiar with that particular gun. Good luck

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Kygobblergetter

Not sure if they make a speed bead mount for that gun or not. I doubt it but might be able to modify one to work

ShortMagFan

There is zero chance a speed bead will work on a side by side.

I handled a bobwhite the other day in a gun store and it seemed to me that it wouldn't be too hard to drill and tap the metal between the barrels close to the receiver for a base plate and then mount the site of your choice.

There will likely be an issue related to the barrels hitting different points of impact.

Keep us posted on what you do as I've thought about a similar project.

As an aside, you can get the cz bobwhite in their All Terrain finish, which includes matte finish wood and cerakote on the metal.

ltprod

Following

Kygobblergetter

I finally got the gun. Looks like it would be really easy to drill and tap the solid rib between the barrels and mount a ff3 using a sum toy mount

SumToy

It can be did.  We did a few SxS    You drill and tap 2 holes in rib. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA